• Yes

Votes: 774 78.1%
  • No

Votes: 127 12.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 90 9.1%

• Total voters

Chippy Chad

I would buy another in a second! I like superglides thats why I picked the prosport. I stole it off ebay in a no reserve auction for less than I would have paid for a plain fxr. The only difference was it had a better motor, trans, paint, chrome, billet ect ect ect. Plus there won't be 30 of them at Laconia that look just like it.

Nomad2day

Longhair Redneck Geek
I guess this poll is meaningless now unless you get a really good deal on one........or perhaps, Buy one get one free.......
One of the classiest bikes ever built, but no more......
I wonder if people will be standing in line at the dealers tomorrow to snatch one up....
Those of us that own them have something special or a millstone around our neck as my ex always told me about my bike......
Shit, I don't know anymore.......
Perhaps she was right...
I am glad she is gone anyway...
Bike is still in the garage

tommy666

Rode today for about 80 miles on my 6 month old dog. Absolutely fricking bitchen! got rid of a perfectly good Harley too. I'm happy with the hp/tq/smoothness @ most imortantly, the look!

BUCK NAKED

DAMN RIGHT

I had a 2006 K-9 with alot of motor work done to it. When I heard BDM was out of business went to Fury Motorcycles in St Paul MN. and traded for a 2010 the next week. Bought my first Harley in 1980 that was a 1972 sportster, that bike was trouble and I worked on it alot but still loved the bike........ Ride em like you stole it and when it brakes fix it. If this shit was easy everyone would be doin it.:up::up:

dba777

Yes, I would buy another one. BD is a best looking bike, I always get tons of questions about the bike at the local bars and laddies wanting to take pictures with my Ridgeback. Technically bike is solid, I had few issues with clutch, but its fixable.

The issue is, with BD going out of business and loosing its dealer network, near chicago, there are not that many shops that will work on the Dog. And I dont want to take the bike to some crappy shop.

SLFCCOMMISH

2006 K-9

I bought this 3 weeks ago and what a great bike to have fun on. I also have a Victory custom jackpot and it's a hard choice to make as to which one I ride today

trackemdown

I have a 05 chopper. With all the recalls and chrome problems I have, I'd never by another one. Put the current issues aside I have now, I'd buy one in a heart beat.

K9Anniv

I'm on my 2nd Big Dog and have NEVER had any issues with either one (knock on wood!) - both ran like tops, never a hiccup.

My first was an '05 Chopper (8K miles when I traded it for my K9) and my current an '09 K9 (7K miles as of this date).

I'm still sick to my stomach that BDM's out of business, because I would DEFINITELY buy another one down the line.:2thumbs::whoop::cheers:

coach

This thread is still circulating I see. A lot has happen since my response a few months ago. I sold the BD and picked-up a Harley Street Glide. The Street Glide is new. I went that way because used ones were bring as much as new. I'm sad to see the BD go. Wished I could have kept both, but I don't ride enough to justify two. I am also sad that the BD cost so much and sold for so little. If we could turn the clock back and I could buy at todays prices.....I would buy another in a heart beat. :2thumbs:

Ray

Really folks after you ride a dog,,,, wipe every noke and cranny for even the tiniest molecules of dust, smears,,,, after you have replaced the ECH and you had to ask someone where it was before you could replace it :D,,, and you did it anyway with the help of a great forum like we have here and it's many supporting members,,,, we even have our very own "Pirate" that isn't advertising running out of gas anymore!!!

The question should be would you even want to buy anything else!!!!! I ran almost 3 tanks of gas through my scooter Saturday and I wasn't the one complaining about my butt hurting!!!! Planning in the next couple weeks maybe three weeks away taking my Go-Pro and running the Dragon if I have to go by my self.

Ray :2thumbs:

oldmutt

Ray, I could not agree with you more. I ran 4 tanks of gas through mine on Saturday. I also did the wireplus 3K ago for the hell of it just to have peace of mind. If you are looking for a bike to just put gas in and press start buy a honda. I love the tweeking, adjusting, playing and cleaning of my BD. The bike is part of me and I will keep it forever.

Last edited:

zer0t

I would but I have concerns about replacement parts now that they are out of business. I still think my ridgeback was the best bike I've ever ridden. However, I'm looking at the new road glide custom. It looks great and I am sure it's a blast to ride, but it ain't a dog, that's for sure.

Wish BDM was still in business.

Jersey James

Jersey James
I got to say, I really Love my 03 Pit Bull, and would ride anywhere, anytime, any distance. I have just purchased an 06 AIH ~ LSC (also a ridgid) and rode it home from Greensville, SC to Tampa Bay, Florida. 748 miles, and loved every minute of the trip. Which is the better bike? Hell if I know, like them both. BUT, I really, really love my little red ~ hot rod, Pit Bull..... Just my 2 cents

tommy666

Just so you know, the BDM are just are pure awesome machine. Clean, nice lines, big engine etc...Work your problems and ride!!!!

Sierramadre

Wouldn't do it again. Like the bike well enough. Don't like being left holding the bag by the manufacturer. And the dealer.