Roaring noise when clutch is pulled in on a 07 Bulldog

Energy One

dogvet

Banned
oops, I've been doing it with grease, but good call.
Not a real big deal, Baker recommends anti-seize. If you inspect your pushrod, you may see some metal to metal contact on the pushrod near the threads. The insice of the mainshaft isn't all that smooth and sometimes the pushrod doesn't exactly track directly through the center of the shaft.

As long as you keep it lubed frequently, it will be fine.:2thumbs:

Nomad2day

Longhair Redneck Geek
Dogvet,
Thanks for dropping in and your words of wisdom are always appreciated.

Been a couple of weeks from my last posting here. After replacing the throw out bearing with a sealed double roller bearing the noise was greatly reduced. I serviced the transmission and after a couple of days the noise is greatly reduced and not really noticeable as it was before. Perhaps the new fluid in the transmission made the difference, not sure as both things were changed. I will pull the push rod out and lube it also.
I went out today, pulled the clutch in and dropped it down into 2nd and 1st where the roaring was most pronounced and all seems normal now while coasting.
The bike is driven daily about 10 miles each way to work. The bike prior to this had been in the shop for about 6 weeks in Nashville, driven a couple of weeks and then sat up again for about a month before the symptoms appeared.
Anyway, it is doing pretty good at the moment. I am leaving for a 2 week vacation Monday and see if it seems noisy again after being parked again when I return.