Rip kit question

prairiehorse

Hey folks. 05 bd Ridgeback. Have rip kit Gen 1 in it..... Led light, new rotor/stator/reg (all from curtis).
Bike fires n runs fine (after a lot of help from you all).... However, on my ride I have an issue with the hi/low beam light n run/start buttons. Run/start functions normally as per rip kit ,but I do not have high/low beam.. When I push that button it acts like the run/start switch.... It's like both switches function the same and then confuse each other.... I cannot get high/low beam when running.
Ideas? Or number where I can call em who made the rip kit? Tyia

Unsprung

In the Potters hand...
Hey folks. 05 bd Ridgeback. Have rip kit Gen 1 in it..... Led light, new rotor/stator/reg (all from curtis).
Bike fires n runs fine (after a lot of help from you all).... However, on my ride I have an issue with the hi/low beam light n run/start buttons. Run/start functions normally as per rip kit ,but I do not have high/low beam.. When I push that button it acts like the run/start switch.... It's like both switches function the same and then confuse each other.... I cannot get high/low beam when running.
Here’s an email and I’ll see if I can add a number shortly:
chris@bigdogisback.com

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Is this a new install or it's been fine with the RIP and a new problem?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

prairiehorse

Check the bulb and see if one side is blown. If it is he will go to the good one all the time.
No bulb is good.... If it is not running I can get it to switch hi/low but not every time..

Install has about 200 miles on it.

Just weird... Curtis was nice enough to email me on his time off. He mentioned that it may be wires too close to one another causing electrical interfere.. Thoughts? This is also rip Gen 1. What is the Gen 2 updating?

BWG56

Guru
No bulb is good.... If it is not running I can get it to switch hi/low but not every time..

Just weird... Curtis was nice enough to email me on his time off. He mentioned that it may be wires too close to one another causing electrical interfere.. Thoughts? This is also rip Gen 1. What is the Gen 2 updating?
Nothing, you have the better of the 2, the 2 don't have the wiring harness under the tank, it uses the OEM desk top connector.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member

How long have you had the kit for or did you just buy it?

Reason being the early RIP kits the High/Low is toggled on/off using just the low button. They didn't hook it up for momentary originally so it didn't use the top of either high/low or Run/off. That has sense been corrected, but figure I'd ask if you've had this on the shelf a few years

prairiehorse

How long have you had the kit for or did you just buy it?

Reason being the early RIP kits the High/Low is toggled on/off using just the low button. They didn't hook it up for momentary originally so it didn't use the top of either high/low or Run/off. That has sense been corrected, but figure I'd ask if you've had this on the shelf a few years

I have had it for couple years now..... Yes I remember that about the low beam button only n the lower only on the start button as well...

prairiehorse

Got it figured out. Pcb boards were fine. Seems Lil shrink wrapped momentary switch connection was having issues. After checking Pcb boards I found the lil switch, unplugged it n straightened out wires.... Plugged back in n it works fine.
Ty for all the help