Rear axel assembly

Energy One
Rear axel assembly

2003 Big Dog 107cc

Just purchased, previous owner said Rear Wheel bearing went out and he made repair.

Just replaced progressive shocks ,,Wild Steed Worx thanx those guys Rock.

I Removed rear tire to inspect …..

the one spacers against brake caliper support and rt. wheel baring wobbed out so I made a new one

Before I disassembled it the caliper support and spacers the axel bolt went thru were lose due to the axel nut tighten up on the axel Bolt shoulder not on the spacers, Barings, trailing arm,

Question: should the axel nut tighten up on the shoulder at the end of the threads leaving spacers lose about .125 or should the nut tighten up on the trailing arm, caliper support, spacers, and Barings if so at what torq spec.

Rear axel assembly

2003 Big Dog 107cc

Just purchased, previous owner said Rear Wheel bearing went out and he made repair.

Just replaced progressive shocks ,,Wild Steed Worx thanx those guys Rock.

I Removed rear tire to inspect …..

the one spacers against brake caliper support and rt. wheel baring wobbed out so I made a new one

Before I disassembled it the caliper support and spacers the axel bolt went thru were lose due to the axel nut tighten up on the axel Bolt shoulder not on the spacers, Barings, trailing arm,

Question: should the axel nut tighten up on the shoulder at the end of the threads leaving spacers lose about .125 or should the nut tighten up on the trailing arm, caliper support, spacers, and Barings if so at what torq spec.
There is a squish tube in the hub between the bearings. It is there, and is a specific dimension, so once the axle is torqued to 50ftlbs it applies just the right amount of pressure to the bearings inner races to make the bearing run true. All other items should be tight with no gaps and the spacers should cause the wheel to run align center of track design.