where to get powder coat done?

Energy One
O

okie_dog

have been seeing the threads on few bikes that had their cylinders and heads powder coated and diamond cut. was wondering where or who they used for powder coating and how hey liked the results? considering doing to this to mine as a project for next winter.

moog5050

I have my bow being kolorfused by a company called ultimate finshers in Newark, NY. Stopped by the shop and they do nice work and most is powdercoating for bikes or cars. Might be worth a call to the owner Bill.

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
I deal with a lot of stuff that gets 3M powdercoated! Pipe, tools, the drawback with powder coating is if a rock or hard object hits what is powder coated, the coating will flake and start stripping off. The way powder coating is done is: Step 1 sandblast the object of paint , galvanizing, ect,ect..... Then spray coating on raw metal, step three bake in roll in oven for 3-5 hrs. The 3M is one of the best, but like I said, it will flake when hit.

Advodka

I have a 2 powder coating shops at my work and our process is a little different than described. All of ours we acid etch, rinse, then scotch brite, tack off, spray with powder, and bake at 420 for about 15-20 minutes in our ovens. Maybe a different powder but most we use has a full cure time of 12-20 minutes, then let cool.

O

okie_dog

I have a 2 powder coating shops at my work and our process is a little different than described. All of ours we acid etch, rinse, then scotch brite, tack off, spray with powder, and bake at 420 for about 15-20 minutes in our ovens. Maybe a different powder but most we use has a full cure time of 12-20 minutes, then let cool.
cool. do they do work for anyone or is it for their private use kinda thing? if its for the public what would they charge to do the heads and cylinders on a big dog? I have the 117 s&s.

RCAdd1ct

JAFO
Call diamond cut....I am assuming you want it cut, too.

I think they will PK it for you before they cut them.

cueball

That is a negative. Just had mine done a couple months ago they do not powdercoat they work with sumax out of New York to do the powder and they are in Nevada your shipping costs will be 4 times as much find a local powder coater you trust.Just noticed your in Enid. I live in Wichita and had BCS powder coating do mine.They are local here in town.

RCAdd1ct

JAFO
That is a negative. Just had mine done a couple months ago they do not powdercoat they work with sumax out of New York to do the powder and they are in Nevada your shipping costs will be 4 times as much find a local powder coater you trust.Just noticed your in Enid. I live in Wichita and had BCS powder coating do mine.They are local here in town.
Ok. Guess I was mis-informed. Thanks for the correction.

O

okie_dog

Thanks for all the info guys. Will do some calling aroumd an check prices an what they can do. Due to cost of diamond cutting I may just go with polished fins. Not sure yet.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
FWIW, I just picked up a set of pegs from Brent at BCA. He's now doing hydro graphics. The parts he had in the shop looked AMAZING!! Its got me thinking of some crazy stuff.

cueball

FWIW, I just picked up a set of pegs from Brent at BCA. He's now doing hydro graphics. The parts he had in the shop looked AMAZING!! Its got me thinking of some crazy stuff.
X2 some of it is amazing he did an awesoe job on all the stuff I have had done.

Cody, wondering if u have pursued getting engine powder coated and diamond cut. I'm considering doing the same since going to upgrade to 600 cam and heavier springs.