Transmission leak

Energy One

nobbyjohn

Prob the race has walked causing oil to get past seal. I have this problem myself on my vintage pro stock. Really pisses me off since I set it to tolerances , 001, and started leaking after a thousand miles or so of replacing shift pawl. Even called BD and asked about it when was putting back together. Found out o a site thru Baker. They sure won't tell you shit, but look up and read about it. That race will move. It never says how to fix it, so I assume it's just replace with new and repress it back on. You do have to order a tool to pull and replace. Not much tho. I think on Amazon for less than $45.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
So sick of the oil all over my rear wheel and well just about everything south of the transmission I put 10 ounces of lucas engine oil stop leak and 10 ozs of Red line hasn’t leaked a drop in 400 hundred miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHATASS

Curious how the leak has held up? I have the same issue, again and been through all seals twice. Quits leaking for a few hundred miles and starts again. Thanks

Marky-Marc

reviving an old thread cool...not to be an ASS but, are we SURE it actually IS TRANS fluid (sorry, have to ask because I didn't in 2019)? If it is, I'm assuming everyone is checking their trans fluid and having to refill it? yes? Just curious....and I'm still saying you should put a DYE kit in it.....ride it...and follow the leak.....

nobbyjohn

So sick of the oil all over my rear wheel and well just about everything south of the transmission I put 10 ounces of lucas engine oil stop leak and 10 ozs of Red line hasn’t leaked a drop in 400 hundred miles.

Had the same problem with my trans leaking , last resort 10 oz lucas trans leak and 10 atrans fluid about 10 dollars ,rear wheel is still dry!

rpols7

How is your primary oil? I have seen it numerous times where the main shaft bearing is sloppy and it sucks the primary into the trans.