Tire question

Just bought a new to me 2004 big dog chopper with 7000 miles. The tires on it are from 2006 when he switched to custom rims. Would you guys probably replace those tires? There’s no cracking or signs of old age but they are OLD. If so anyone know someone around southeast missouri/st Louis that can swap tires without scratching and messing up my rims ? How difficult is it to remove tires and rims on these? Haven’t looked at it yet other than to check date codes. I used to work on my Harley quite a bit including tire removal and all and have a good pitbull lift

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
See Mr. Wright’s signature line for a link to the repair manuals. Easy to remove tires. Recommend replacing of wheel bearings while you’re at it, too. I heard Gateway still works on Big Dogs, but any decent shop should be able to manage that 250 tire. The 300’s and 330’s are a bit trickier.

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
I have changed the tires on my mastiff quite a few times using a friends manual tire change machine without any issue whatsoever. The 300 is very easy. As for the question on whether you should change the tires, absolutely.. I would not suggest running any tire more than 5 years old, they have date stamps for a reason. Most people say 10 years but I'm a bit more pessimistic.