Tachometer Choices??????

Energy One

johny125

Besides Dakota tachometers, is ANY motorcycle tachometer, ie autometer pro cycle, harley, etc, work on a 2003 Big Dog? I am planning on adding a tach, but finding a BD tach is IMPOSSIBLE. Thanks,

John

heybaylor

I have been riding V-twins a long time , never had a tach before my Big Dog .
Guess it isn't very important

BadDawg Bill

2X I was looking at a pro cycle because of the spedo (need to know when to get gas) but my tach doesn't work now and I've never had one before.

Racers use them because they need every bit of power but I'm sure you don't. If you rev it up to max on every shift you will soon be sitting in the garage looking at your new art object.....

TapioK

The tach, at least on -08 goes pretty high, I would rather see say last 3 or 4 digits showing voltage/charging (yellow weak, green OK, red overcharging, or something)… I mean how ofter do you rev the engine over 5.000rpm, in my case never.

Splitlog

I have never hit the REV limiter either. I can hear/feel when I need to shift. It would be important to someone that is not a person in tune with anything they drive. Or if your racing etc...

cvegmond

The Medallion speedo and Tach is the best. Looks great, and to read in bright sun. It does need any programming. I had a Dakota Digital and sold it after a couple of weeks.

Jwooky

Dakota digital is only a speedo?

The medallion is very nice but no longer available. I called them directly and pleaded with them to bring them back but they said they scrapped them all and the tooling to make them.

I did here bdpartsking has a few though but they want a lot for them.

No H2O

Didn't see any on WSW (the miles are digital). Also didn't have turn signal indicators that I saw.

Jwooky

WSW has analog speedo's.

All the indicators (turns, oil, neutral tach etc) outside the center speedo, are part of the anucator ring, not part of the speedo, with the exception of the Medallion speedo/tach.