Open belt primary on k9 ss117

Nathan1982

Hello guys decided to keep me ss117 and putting 585 cam but was wondering how hard is it to do open belt primary and price I am in uk thanks guys

Hello guys decided to keep me ss117 and putting 585 cam but was wondering how hard is it to do open belt primary and price I am in uk thanks guys
It’s not hard to install the primary depending on your abilities. Remove the enclosed primary and install the open. Just need to ensure the new primary is aligned properly with the transmission and motor and may require installing spacers to ensure proper belt alignment is critical.
Price depends on what brand you go with I would say expect to spend anywhere between 2-3K on an open primary.

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
Hi Nathan—I have a Karata 4” open primary off my 2008 K9 for sale. It has a new clutch pack and rear clutch drum. If you have any interest, email me at K9Biker@icloud.com
I posted it for sale here but it didn’t sell, so I guess it was overpriced.
68A53C95-EFE1-4188-94A3-ED2454CE5BC1.jpeg

RamboJoe

Hi Nathan—I have a Karata 4” open primary off my 2008 K9 for sale. It has a new clutch pack and rear clutch drum. If you have any interest, email me at K9Biker@icloud.com
I posted it for sale here but it didn’t sell, so I guess it was overpriced.
View attachment 70949
You still have this Karata for sale?