Mirror question

Energy One

Scottie

So I just installed a new set of Arlen ness rad II mirrors on the k9. I had an issue with the right side mirror, the barrel fitting that fits over the screw that "supposed" to slide up into the hand control will not go back up there. I've tried sanding it down and the old hammer trick but no luck. Now it seems that this barrel is to keep the brake lever stationary but even without it the lever feels ok. Has anybody else had this issue? I don't really want to remove the hand controls to put this piece back in if I don't really have to. What are some thoughts here?

Thanks
Scottie

RoadRider

I be leave the bolt goes in and the barrel slides over the top of the bolt then the mirror screws on.

1ezrider

I lost the barrel when i replaced a broken mirror, put it back togeather without the barrel and everything felt fine, rode it for a while everything felt fine, then after about my 4th or 5th stop light there was an incredible amount of slop in my clutch lever & it did NOT want to disengage! hold the clutch in as hard/far as i can does NOT want to disengage, stand on the brake & it killed the engine! re started the engine & when i put it back in gear it lurched forward & killed the engine! YES you NEED those barrels for proper function of the levers. this just happened to me this last weekend, anybody know where i can get one of those barrels & how much they cost? thanks & good luck with yours....

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
Hey J.R., you may get lucky and find them at bikergarage101. They're shutting down so its a big sale. I saw lots of spacers and such....

Scottie

Thanks for the heads up HMAN. I did finally get the barrel to go back in, had to put on my glasses and get a flashlight to see why it wasn't budging. Damn its hell getting old. :))