Luggage rack for 250 and 300s

New "Wild Steed Worx" Luggage Rack

Alright folks
This is our prototype. FInal product will be available in Chrome and raw metal, for those who would like to powder coat it to match their ride e.t.c.
You see two cross bars but after checking the bag on it we felt there should be three so the final rack will have 3 cross bars. We also are thinking about making the cross bars slighlty smaller as well. What do you think?
We have chosen to use a clamp style mount as we like the cleaner look than the two piece 4 screw mount. The mount you see in the picture has one screw low under the rack bar so it isn't as obvious.
Put your suggestions in now because we will be solidifying this over the next two days and begin fabrication towards the end of next week.
These will be available in 250, 300, and, if we get enough requests, we will make a 280 version.
Price will still be less than BDs but we meet with the chromer this week so I will have a definite answer then.

Attachments

erldawg

Guru
I like it. More support with the almost rectangular shape and it's at the same angle as the sissy bar...

What keeps it from slipping down on the sissy bar like the BDM one?

Last edited:
The clamps are slit on one side so when you tighten the hex head screw down it clamps to the sissy bar. I believe it will also help prevent marring the sissy bar unlike the BD clamps.

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Cool. I will buy one once it's all finished.

Just a thought... It looks like it is pointing down ('cause of the tilt of the sissy bar)... Would it be possible to make it so it stays parallel to the road?

:2thumbs:

Knuckles

Looks good but if you made it level to the ground would help keep things in place.
The design you have I think any bags etc will have a tendancy to want to slide off

welder198

Looks good, would like to see it tilted up just a little more. Am seriously looking at this one instead of the BDM one. let me know if you can tilt it up to help level it out better. Thanks Darin

Rottweiler

Curtis Are the 2004 models the same spacing as 2005 & up for the 250 tire? Also are the same dia. Ours slide in from the rear instead of the top. Thanks

Curtis Are the 2004 models the same spacing as 2005 & up for the 250 tire? Also are the same dia. Ours slide in from the rear instead of the top. Thanks
Spacing is the same but as you stated they slide in from the back so I am not sure if the racks we make will work or not.
I think I tried one once on a buddies 04 here and it did not look right because the sissy bar was further back than the 05 and up.
I wish I could say I could do a proof of concept for you but I am so overwhelmed right now I would be lying to you.
I have customers that have been waiting for our luggage racks for a year now and I am only just getting close to sending those to chrome.
Cleaning, upgrading and dialing in two CNC machines along with gobs of busy work getting the new shop settled down.

cdogg556

Guru
Spacing is the same but as you stated they slide in from the back so I am not sure if the racks we make will work or not.
I think I tried one once on a buddies 04 here and it did not look right because the sissy bar was further back than the 05 and up.
I wish I could say I could do a proof of concept for you but I am so overwhelmed right now I would be lying to you.
I have customers that have been waiting for our luggage racks for a year now and I am only just getting close to sending those to chrome.
Cleaning, upgrading and dialing in two CNC machines along with gobs of busy work getting the new shop settled down.
Glad I got mine last year, definitely worth the wait!

New "Wild Steed Worx" Luggage Rack

Alright folks
This is our prototype. FInal product will be available in Chrome and raw metal, for those who would like to powder coat it to match their ride e.t.c.
You see two cross bars but after checking the bag on it we felt there should be three so the final rack will have 3 cross bars. We also are thinking about making the cross bars slighlty smaller as well. What do you think?
We have chosen to use a clamp style mount as we like the cleaner look than the two piece 4 screw mount. The mount you see in the picture has one screw low under the rack bar so it isn't as obvious.
Put your suggestions in now because we will be solidifying this over the next two days and begin fabrication towards the end of next week.
These will be available in 250, 300, and, if we get enough requests, we will make a 280 version.
Price will still be less than BDs but we meet with the chromer this week so I will have a definite answer then.
Howdy are the 300 Sissy Bars available
If so can I get a price plus shipping to Seaford South Australia mate ✌

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk