K9 owners with windshields

Energy One

Mikeinjersey

Hello all , I'm contemplating getting a windshield for my K9 and I was curious if any of you had the one offered at HDM. They come in 10" 14" and 16" clear and shaded . I'm 5' 10" and wondering what size I should get. Does anyone know the best way to measure this windshield for my height. I've looked up how but this mount looks different than the one's I see online. I believe this uses the handlebar bolts to mount so the 10" size seems to be the one for me to get. I'm hoping one of you is ballpark my size and has experience with this windshield.
Thanks Mike

jsousa515

I have one for my mastiff 12 clear putting it on soon they are more like cheat shields I have one on my Indian chief it helps keeping the wind off your chest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikeinjersey

I believe it's the 10'' I have on my Chopper. It's mounted on top of my 1'' risers, so it would be like 11''.
I'm 6'3'' and it works just fine for me.
View attachment 80619
Thanks, If the 10" works for you then no way could I get the 14 or 16. Sorry to be a pain in the ass but could you take a picture of the mounting hardware so I can see how if goes. I'm assuming it's Big Dog hardware. Shaded shield looks great too!
Where did you get the 1" risers ? I like that idea as well.

Jwooky

Tape a tape measure or yard stick to the forks sit on the bike to see where you like it. Have some one take a pic with the camera/phone perfectly level to see where it will hit you.

there are two types of mounts
1. Sandwiches between the handle bars and tree (like Shannon’s above)
2. Clamps that wrap around the bars/forks. (Dosent look as nice to me)

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Tape a tape measure or yard stick to the forks sit on the bike to see where you like it. Have some one take a pic with the camera/phone perfectly level to see where it will hit you.

there are two types of mounts
1. Sandwiches between the handle bars and tree (like Shannon’s above)
2. Clamps that wrap around the bars/forks. (Dosent look as nice to me)

If you don't have an extra set of hands cut a piece of cardboard and just tape it to the bars, that way you can sit on the bike and still get the idea of where it lands.