Help! Belt issue.

Energy One

Mikeinjersey

Well-Known Member
No exhaust, no safety guards. Let me know if you all think it looks right. I’ve never second guessed my self like this before. But 8 miles and 250.00 I have to.
Your alignment looks good but you need to make sure your belt tension is not to loose or tight. Someone else on this site may have a procedure for setting the tension without the BigDog recommended tools. I believe the spec is 3/16 in deflection but double check that.
 

Mickmorris

Well Known Member
Supporting Member
Looks like it’s tracking pretty true to me from that video. I am curious however that it appears that the axle bushing between the pulley and the frame was spinning independently from the wheel/pulley? I could only see it for a brief moment but I don’t believe that bushing should be moving at all. Perhaps worth taking a closer look.
 

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
Supporting Member
Looks like it’s tracking pretty true to me from that video. I am curious however that it appears that the axle bushing between the pulley and the frame was spinning independently from the wheel/pulley? I could only see it for a brief moment but I don’t believe that bushing should be moving at all. Perhaps worth taking a closer look.
Good catch Mick. Yeah, that isnt tight or you got the spacers mixed up. I wouldnt roll anywhere on that.
 
Top