Gas saver came out in my hand instead of gas cap??

Energy One

Cabash

Unscrewed gas cap and gas saver came out too. What would be my best option here now that its out. Replace what i have or go with a Harley gas cap. Mr wright? Not sure what to do?

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
Unscrewed gas cap and gas saver came out too. What would be my best option here now that its out. Replace what i have or go with a Harley gas cap. Mr wright? Not sure what to do?
I believe they used JB WELD when they installed them @ the factory. You can clean up the threads on both and reinstall the paint saver or use an HD cap. Either way works.

Jersey James

Jersey James
I used JB Weld to install the left side paint saver on my 03 Pit Bull ( split tanks ). That was over four or five years ago. It's " bullet proof". The use of the JB Weld, was mentioned to me by the tech at the former Big Dogs of Tampa.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
The only problem with using jb weld to hold the paint saver in, is if you ever need to get it back apart, your going to have a mess. Best thing to do is replace the whole thing with a new cap and paint saver. The new cap don't swell up like the old ones did.

Jersey James

Jersey James
Mr. Wright. You are correct, saying it would be a mess. I think it would take an act of Congress to get mine back out, but I really don't for see ever having to remove it. Also thanks for the tip, about the new caps not swelling like my old ones...JJ