Fail....Stator options

Jwooky

Went to take off today and bike would not start. Very embarrassing. Of course had a big crowd around bike.

Good news is we actually managed to push start and get it home.

First thing after I got home and put in charger was to check the stator. Zero voltage AC while running and it’s shorted between terminals.

I have this device.

Compu-Fire Replacement 32-amp Stator 55530 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GUWMBO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_tPqnDb8HVAKK6

It’s less than 2 years old.

So from experience (not opinions please), what device can you recommend?

@KaptinAmerika ?

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
I love my compu-fire system -- I have the 40A -- Had it on the last K-9 as well, never an issue. But the 40A, you have to replace regulator as well.

Jwooky

Compu-fire is what I had and it only lasted ~2yrs. It was the 32, but that shouldn't matter.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Compu-fire is what I had and it only lasted ~2yrs. It was the 32, but that shouldn't matter.
well that is odd -- did anything happen inside the primary recently? Clutch work, bad clutch, metal shavings in fluid etc?
My first compu-fire was 3yrs or so old when the bike got tottalled and was fine. I've only had this one a couple of months.
Why was the compu-fire and not stock in the bike to begin with? My stock stators were fine even when I replaced both of them.
Have you checked the VR to make sure it didn't fail and take out the stator -- I have seen that happen once or twice.

Jwooky

Nothing happening inside the primary far as I know. Haven’t opened it up yet though.

No issues with VR I am aware of, but hard to check without the stator putting out voltage

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing happening inside the primary far as I know. Haven’t opened it up yet though.

No issues with VR I am aware of, but hard to check without the stator putting out voltage
Very odd for a stator to fail until it's worn out, even then it's usually just the rotor that the magnets get worn out on so it starts losing its ability to push out the volts. Not many moving parts

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Jwooky

Very odd for a stator to fail until it's worn out, even then it's usually just the rotor that the magnets get worn out on so it starts losing its ability to push out the volts. Not many moving parts

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Agreed. I actually replaced the rotor too at the same time

Jwooky

I ordered the Accel. Not sure if its any better or not, but it has a lifetime warranty.

I report back when I get it and open everything back up.