Color Plug wires

Energy One

onaprwl

Onaprwl
Has anyone put color sparkplug wires on thier scoot. Is their any bad idears about this? If not where can I get a set?

Vegas

If you are going to do it, go with a supression wire. MSD or Taylor have colored wires. Cut to size, and crimp on your own ends.

onaprwl

Onaprwl
You said, might work. What are they for? I'll ask my local BG dealer. Just courious, why didn't you use them? Is their anything wrong with this other than prefference of looks?

Last edited:

P8RIOT

Calendar Participant
A lot of people say they have experienced difficulty with alternate spark plug wires. Big Dog electronics seem very sensitive to electromagnetic interference if the high voltage is not well shielded. I'm sure there are perfectly good third party wires out there - just a point of sensitivity that has come up several times on the forum in the past.

skully

Calendar Participant
i also went with the chrome braded wires and had problems. i then cheated,, bought the braided sleeves, and used heat shrink on both ends over the orginal wires. got the custom look but was able to stay with bigdog wires. No more problems. a friend also painted his wires , not the boots, because the wires don't flex they looked very good and match his paint and held up very well.