Clutch help

Energy One

gilbert81

So I recently had my clutch cable break , I ordered a new one and installed it I adjusted my clutch cable and it just wouldn’t grab on handle stayed extremely loose with no tension on cable , I thought it might need to adjust my open primary clutch pack but while trying to get the adjustment screw to seat on the clutch hub but it literally goes all the way in and doesn’t seem to want to grab . So my question is the ball and ramp had to be taken off to replace the cable could the pushrod need adjusting as well ? And if so how do I get the cover off to access the adjuster and jam nut off and what would the adjustment need to be ? Literally at my wits end with this clutch issue. Any help would be awesome !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clubba

it sounds like you hooked up the cable wrong. There are two positions that you can set the cable in. One will be loose and the other will be correct. Take the five screws off the tombstone plate (that’s what I call it) and rotate the cable attachment in the position that tightens the cable. The front nut cover comes off counter clockwise with a rubber mallet or large vise grips over a 6”x6” piece of rubber. There is a video that will show you how to do this on YouTube. I suggest you look at that. Good luck.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
He has an open primary with this clutch in it. The 6 bolts that hold the pressure plate on, are not adjusted right. I had one similar, that you set those bolts with a set of calipers. Has any one had any experience with his type?
IMG_4499.jpg

gilbert81

I was looking at that last night I’m not really sure what springs I’m running but I decided to start out with 35lbs , I adjusted the clutch , and put it into gear and it still rolled while in gear . I didn’t have much time to mess with it last night but the night before I did have it locking into gear . I do believe it has to do with the springs for sure . Might even be wore out and need replaced with new ones . I was going to get a hold of Barnett today and see if I possibly just need to change them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk