can anyone tell me what year motor n tranny are on this 09 chopper

BadCo

I know this a bit of an old post, but I had recalled saying mine was a DT frame. It is NOT. Found where it says Rolling Thunder on the right side under the tank and on the opposite of the top engine mount bolt. You will probably find that as well.

hbevins

thanks, i will check it sometime but i think you are correct, thought i needed to know for sure but i sent pic of my electronics to wild steed worx n they sent me the correct ech,..for my bike..alls good now was plug n play easy install fixed my cold weather no crank no start lights flashing problem..not that im going to ride it in cold weather but i can start it..lol thanks for the info

1 B.M.F.

thanks, i will check it sometime but i think you are correct, thought i needed to know for sure but i sent pic of my electronics to wild steed worx n they sent me the correct ech,..for my bike..alls good now was plug n play easy install fixed my cold weather no crank no start lights flashing problem..not that im going to ride it in cold weather but i can start it..lol thanks for the info
I have done two ehc swaps and 1 was with a backbone wiring harness very easy. I tried to tell dispatch but he would rather spend the money letting someone fix it. He said it was too hard. And time consuming. Hell I almost enjoyed doing it.

hbevins

if changing harness and all it could scare someone not familiar with wiring, i didnt want to redo all of mine so i got one that was easy to do...just unbolt old one bolt new one in its place and just put inline fuse in the hot wire and it came with the ehc, was so easy anyone could do it, took half hour or so. the hardess part for me was the days of researching on this forum to figure out that mine was bad and not some other issue going on, i never had mine tested. it worked good in the summer but once it startted getting cold at night it wouldnt do anything but flash the turn signals..previous owner had unhooked the horn so i know he knew it was bad when he sold it to me..once i seen horn unhooked i fixed the wire to it and it would sound off sometimes while lights flashed. this is a great forum for us beginners on bigdog bikes with out it i probably would have took a loss n moved on..i tell everyone my bike is my ford..working on it more than riding it .. hopefully that will change and i can make it my chevy lol

1 B.M.F.

My 05 turn the key flash flash. That was it. Swapped EHC knock on wood, been riding trouble free.