Bar Hopper?

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Vegas... I was checking fastners after every ride and sometimes during rides. Tires, carb, and battery like once a week... shit still happens. But you are 100% right on modding.

Vegas

I had to redo my fuel system twice, sometimes things just don't work quite how you planned. They need tweaked or redesigned. Aftermarket or custom parts thrown at a stock vehicle can require some patience. I would compare a big dog to my Camaro just for the fact they are unique in the fact that most things may be meant to bolt on but don't.You shouldn't have to check these things that often. If you do then there is a problem with reliability and it needs changed. That being said, if I lived in Michigan and my Summer was as short as yours, I'd be pissed if I missed a week of riding.

MARV

Ever notice the stock bikes seem to just keep on running and running?

SOME of the modified ones also. :up:

motorcycles alone are dangerous.

riding with someone close to you who is scared of his bike. :down:

barhopper

Another round please
Ever notice the stock bikes seem to just keep on running and running?
My built motor hauls ass and runs and runs and runs. You can do it right or do it wrong and a million ways in between. I personally hate stock no matter what it is.

Thumper169

Bout the only major problem I have had was that F%&*%#$ illigal immigrant that plowed into the back of my ass, just got my rear fender back yesterday so I'm ready to roll now....

shovelcowboy

Calendar Participant
Well, its been a year now since I finished my custom chopper. Been to Laughlin, Sturgis and lots of other miles. Hasn't hardly caused me any trouble (rear turn sig wires chewed off by tire but my fault -easy fix, and cheap ignition switch was failing - again easy fix). Hope she keeps being pretty much trouble free but if I have a problem, I pretty much know how to fix it!

To be honest and fair though, the 107 S&S, clutch and primary are all stock right out of a 2004 Big Dog Chopper. Service and parts guys at SLC Big Dog say 107's were a "bullet-proof" motor. I think it was a good thing to use stock HD wiring and hand controls as they seem to be trouble-free so far.

Gas's negative comments bother me. I am building a project K-9 and was going to try to keep it stock. Now he's got me wondering if I'm doing the right thing????

Shovelcowboy

GymRat

Guys, based on a lot of what I've read I've been fortunate. My 05 chopper had only one problem since I've owned it, the belt snapped. It was replaced the next day by the BD dealer in Vegas. I've CC'd the jugs and heads to S&S specs, upgraded the cam to a 626 and upgraded the springs. I've also replaced the ignition system to a Crane for its tune-ability. I also own a Harley did engine work to that also. Hardly ever ride it. I'm a happy pappy.

semi

Hey Baddog,
Yup that was me at the Turtle. I dont know you but you should have come over and said hello. Where are you from ?

baddog64

I was in there with a bunch of friends for a party. I thought i reconized your bike. I live in Davidsonville. Only about two minutes for the Turtle. You gotta love that for a cold beer.

semi

Cool,
I have a bunch of friends in Davidsonville and Edgewater that ride.. Yup thats a great place to stop and have a few. We will have to get together as soon as the weather turns, seems to be quite a few Dogs in the Area. Keep in touch as we get closer to good weather. I will look out for you. You know what my bike looks like so if you see me introduce yourself. Im sure we run in the same areas...Cancun,Bernies, you know the Sunday drill..LOL :cheers: See ya