2004 Tachometer Big Dog Chopper

Energy One
Could someone please tell me why neutral light comes on in first gear instead of neutral with brand new tach ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of sounds like the shift drum is positioned a little off. The neutral switch is activated by a dent in the shift drum. Seems a bit odd though as the trans wouldn't behave correctly if it was off. Check your neutral switch with a continuity tested in neutral and first gear. It may need replacing.

I just replaced the NSS and new tach but last night when I tested the new tach ring I did not have it put together just plugged in so just maybe it needed to be grounded. Is that possible? Now that I got the new gasket tach ring and speedo back together I will test it tonight as a complete unit...

roadie1389

Pull the connector from the sensor. Should go out. Then jumper the pins on the connector. If that works then the indicator light is working and the issue is the sensor. Might be in too far.

Rottweiler

N.C. stands for normally closed. The switch allows current to flow through until it is made up.
N.O. stands for normally open. The switch allows current flow only when it is made up.

I put the old one back in and it’s working correctly now the tach lights won’t come everything else works fine so I plugged old tach ring in and tach lights work just nothing else

Rottweiler

I put the old one back in and it’s working correctly now the tach lights won’t come everything else works fine so I plugged old tach ring in and tach lights work just nothing else

Sounds like you have a cold solder joint. On you old tach ring.

Sent from my Life One X3 using Tapatalk