Wtf do u call this

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
I would be cautious using an engine start on any battery charger for your motorcycle. Not sure what kind of unit your working with but some only put out a measly 40 amps and some will do 700+. I assume the one you tried was <100 amps and thats not going to turn over your engine as you need at least 250 minimium. If you have one that does too many amps then you could do more damage than good.

My advise is get a "battery maintainer" and leave that on overnight for it to charge your battery. They are cheap $20 will get you one at Walmart, and whenever your not riding for any long periods of time stick the maintainer on her.
Welcome from Louisiana. Th3InfamousI is right. My Braille puts out more than 700 amps under a load test. Post some pictures of your issues. It would help to see what you are talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DR BULLDOG

DR BULLDOG
:up::up:Just take the --- out of what is wrong with your Dog Happier days ahead, This is a great forum and as you can see they will help you and save you$$$$$$

Last edited:

prizepup

Hey Freddy, looks like you grabbed more attention than you were expecting in your initial post, eh. But as you see, you still continue to receive some good advice from our members. These guys and gals are all wonderful folks you can rely on. Just let respect and discretion be your watch words from this point on. Welcome to the pound, bud. We're still here for ya. :cheers:

P.S: An introduction of yourself and your experience would probably go a long way, as others have suggested. It definitely couldn't hurt...

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
Freddy,

Make sure you have a good clean connection to your battery and your ground is also clean and tight. The last thing you want is to melt the battery terminals of a good battery because it tries to deliver the cranking amps you need but because of the high resistance in a poor connection it ends up melting due to overheating.

Huw

MyDogPete

thats not quite the attention you wanted I take it. ease up and just ask. trust me you show these guys respect and they will go out of there way to help you!!!!
Very well put!!
I do not have much to any mechanical skills if it requires tearing into to trans, motor, etc but I love educating myself about our dogs and this is the place for it. Ton of knowledge from the guys/girls here.