WTB Voltage Regulator for K9

A

adamthisis

Well, found out why it sucks to have the bike so low to the ground, bottomed out the bike putting it in a trailer and broke my VR off the engine mount.:bang: So looking for a new one. I know that it is bad because there is a hole in the top of the VR and I can see some of the components inside.:angry:

So if any one knows where to get a new or used can you let me know. Thanks:cheers:

V

Guru
Try Strokers first if nobody else has one. Also some are runnin HD VR's as well.

Eric

Banned
compufire 32 amp..... or accell 32 amp.. I got 1 of each.. 1 on the pit with about 3500 miles on the accell.. the other on the mastiff... thay do work.. that crap bdm has is a fire hazzard....another good brand is..
http://www.cycleelectricinc.com/
ce-320

Last edited:
A

adamthisis

Thanks guys for the info, I'll have to check those out.:cheers:

A

adamthisis

Any 84 to 99 38 amp softail will work original brand is compufire

Will that have a long enough B+ wire to go to the circut breaker, found one on the compufire website and looks great but can't tell how long the B+ wire is.

RubWhore

Asshole Extraordinaire
Will that have a long enough B+ wire to go to the circut breaker, found one on the compufire website and looks great but can't tell how long the B+ wire is.
Yep its long enough you be surprised at how my splice just to save a few minutes though

A

adamthisis

Yep its long enough you be surprised at how my splice just to save a few minutes though
Thanks,:2thumbs: I also saw that it has 4 wires coming off it I am guessing that the 4th is the ground. Can you ground to the negative on the battery or do you have to ground somewhere else? I aslo wanted to find out weither or not that is a series or a shunt regulator. Iam looking in my service manual and it says not to use a shunt. So if you can answer that ? that would be a great help. Thanks:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator: