Wiring

allenmp

chop03
I have a 2003 chopper and a couple years ago I had okc thunder cycles do a wire plus upgrade since I have got it back I have found several wires pulled and twisted together or poor soldering jobs. So far I haven't been left along side the road but I think it's a matter of time.
My question is can I do a simplified wiring on this bike I can solder pretty well and am tired of having these issues.
I would like to keep lights and turn signals ets
When I take my seat off it's like a hornets nest under there but somehow I have been able to find any issues so far but if I can due away with that mess I think it would look better and be easy to troubleshoot
My plan would be to rip out all the wiring and go back from scratch.
There are a lot of conversation on the 04 and newer having to change controls but with mine being older woul I have to.
Any help and a diagram would be great

Had my ride dynoed tuned and ran today kind of disappointed with 82hp and 94tq they said my carb that was rebuilt by xxx the year before last was really holding me back so I will be looking for a new carb soon
When my brother owned this bike he had it dynoed at 111hp and 114tq
So something is definitely holding it back
Sorry for the long read any help appreciated
Thanks Mike

Zachusmc

If you do a search on here there is a thread where one of the members did a complete rewire and put pics up to. It looked vary nice. I will try to post a link

allenmp

chop03
Moes bike is awesome but didn't really find much detail I have looked at the ultimate harness
From what I see the amps to some controls is to high but on the 03 there are old Harley style I might have to call ultima and find out
Would like to have the peace of mind and just do a tear out of bdm and rewire a simple harness and be done just not much info for the 03 model
Even if I keep the wire plus module I would like to simplify to clean it up and easier troubleshooting later down the road
Thanks Mike

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
Since I didn't stumble on any WP installation pictures quick and easy, here are my pictures after my month long shakedown cruise/riding.

Just thought that I would share.

Huw

BD Mike

Moes bike is awesome but didn't really find much detail I have looked at the ultimate harness
From what I see the amps to some controls is to high but on the 03 there are old Harley style I might have to call ultima and find out
Would like to have the peace of mind and just do a tear out of bdm and rewire a simple harness and be done just not much info for the 03 model
Even if I keep the wire plus module I would like to simplify to clean it up and easier troubleshooting later down the road
Thanks Mike
Any luck finding a wiring schematic? I just bought a 03 BD Chopper and would ya no, no turn signals or brake lights, switchs are all good, lmk thanks

BroadBand

Since late 60's
If he happens to have a Wires Plus...
Original poster (OP) stated on first line in first paragraph:

"I have a 2003 chopper and a couple years ago I had okc thunder cycles do a wire plus upgrade since I have got it back I have found several"

Assumption was that he had a Wire Plus.

TapioK

Original poster (OP) stated on first line in first paragraph:

"I have a 2003 chopper and a couple years ago I had okc thunder cycles do a wire plus upgrade since I have got it back I have found several"

Assumption was that he had a Wire Plus.
Oops, my bad!