wires on ehc module

Dnyomo

2004 chopper ehc module has wires molded to the module on the right side what do i do with those wires when I replace the module with a wire plus module. It does not look like they are ground wires.

awg

Guru
The wires that goto the harness and clips to the top of the EHC is what you will be working with. The wires from the EHC stay with the EHC. You will be cutting the wires that hook to the top of the module.

Dnyomo

I dont understand so what do I do with those wires that seem to be molded into the module on the left side

mobsta

Are you talking about the pigtail.The wires you will be dealing with are the wires on the plug the plugs into your ehc...

Dnyomo

no on the rear brake side right side there are wires seems to be 5 wires that seem to be molded into the module it is separate from the connector that goes into the moduel, if I see it right they may run to the positive side of the battery

mobsta

If their part of the EHC then they will go with the EHC.What color is your EHC?Black or yellow?Dont you have instructions with your wire plus?

Dnyomo

the stock ehc module is black it has the clip with all the wires on one side and then 5 wires on the other side that looks like it is molded into the ehc module. I have not received the wire plus module yet they are backed up a few weeks. Just trying to get things strait before it gets here.

mobsta

Ok its been awhile since i've changed my EHC however if memory serves me which may not work at my age but here goes,Green wire goes to starter,grey wire goes to horn and black and red go to battery.Those go with the EHC.

bdmridgeback

Low Down Chop Shop
It is a 2004, so instead of (2) main connectors with all the wires in the plugs like the 2005-up have, the 2004 models had one 50 pin connector and then about 6-8 wires that were hard wired into the EHC.

That is what he is talking about.

These wires are "Hard wired" into the EHC...

Main Power
Main Ground
Compression release
Horn
Starter output

(I think that covers them all without looking)

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
It is a 2004, so instead of (2) main connectors with all the wires in the plugs like the 2005-up have, the 2004 models had one 50 pin connector and then about 6-8 wires that were hard wired into the EHC.

That is what he is talking about.

These wires are "Hard wired" into the EHC...

Main Power
Main Ground
Compression release
Horn
Starter output

(I think that covers them all without looking)
Jake got it just to add a little additional help I will add the colors

Main Power - Red
Main Ground - Black
Compression release - Yellow (goes into a pigtail splits off to 2 greens)
Horn - (Grey)
Starter output (Green)

Here is a Diagram:

I need a photo!
He is talking about the those 5 wires cut about 1" from the left side of the EHC. :up:

Last edited: