Wireplus or PDM?

Wireplus or PDM Conversions?

• Total voters

ktulu2oo9

Seriously considering the Wireplus conversion, but am curious on what most of you have chosen. Wireplus or PDM conversion... or a straight EHC replacement.

Hope you all had a great Christmas! :D

awg

Guru
Well in my opinion the wire plus has a proven track record. The PDM is new and has not had alot of miles put on it to tell if its a winner or not. The EHC......are you kidding??

Fibersnake

Banjo Playing PsychoBilly
PDM, but as mentioned not allot of miles to show if proven yet. Well of course the mileage king Raywood has recently shown it to keep on going after close to 2000 mile trip with no issues. The you do have many of the 2010 and a few of th 2011 to also consider.

All said though WP has been put on many and most seem to be happy. PDM is new and from factory, so long term testing will revelle, but so far seem to be holding up well for the ones that have changed over to PDM.

Five Five

Wireplus has been proven .... I'm still waiting for Raywoods "How To" on the PDM install.... so i'm still on the fence with my decision.

Fibersnake

Five Fiver,

I think Raywood has put that aside for now since he appears to be out riding the crap out of the BD (well with exception of when battery fails). More than likely he will get something up when he has some downtime and the weather takes a crap that cuts into his riding.

Five Five

Five Fiver,

I think Raywood has put that aside for now since he appears to be out riding the crap out of the BD (well with exception of when battery fails). More than likely he will get something up when he has some downtime and the weather takes a crap that cuts into his riding.
That Guy is fearless ...he's all over the country riding solo.
I did enjoy your "how to" on the PDM install...

ktulu2oo9

:lol:Haha that might just be the deciding factor then :)
Will have to talk to bdmridgeback to see if he's got any in stock.. keen to get it in and underway before summer ends!

bdmridgeback

Low Down Chop Shop
I was just going to point that out but got beat to it.

I am kinda partial to the Wire Plus.... I did run the first prototype in my bike for over a year...
...and i do sell them!

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
Thank goodness you sell and support them for us. I was able to get in on a group buy:whoop:. I hope I'll never have to install it but if I do (oh well). I think it would be good to list the differences between WP and PDM.

For example, I believe WP keeps the self cancelling turn signals and PDM doesn't. It could be one of those comparison lists to help us decide which way to go. I like the self cancelling feature.:D

Chopper Dave

SIICK!!!
I think it would be good to list the differences between WP and PDM.

For example, I believe WP keeps the self cancelling turn signals and PDM doesn't. It could be one of those comparison lists to help us decide which way to go. I like the self cancelling feature.:D

Yep...you still keep your self cancelling turn signals and 4- way flashers...the best part I like is the 3 position key switch:whoop: when its cold out, I turn the key on the first position and I can start the bike with no lights on at all :2thumbs: then when the bike is warmed up...I turn to the second position and I have all my lights... and then ride!:cheers:

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
Damn,

I have learned to really like my self cancelling turn signals. Having 4-way flashers will be great too when needed (hopefully not). Starting the bike without the head light loading up the battery is a big plus. I bought the system that keeps the original BD key so I'll have to make sure I keep a top notch Braille around at all times or I'll be riding my Triumphs!

Huw

Chopper Dave

SIICK!!!
Damn,

I have learned to really like my self cancelling turn signals. Having 4-way flashers will be great too when needed (hopefully not). Starting the bike without the head light loading up the battery is a big plus. I bought the system that keeps the original BD key so I'll have to make sure I keep a top notch Braille around at all times or I'll be riding my Triumphs!

Huw
Yep Huw :cheers:

I am running that 465 cca TR battery:whoop: but I still like were you can start the bike with no lights on at all!:2thumbs:

Fibersnake

Just curious for the WP folks, does the self canceling feature on the WP work exactly like the EHC, were it cancel out when you increase to certain higher RPM.

Thanks

Fibersnake

Well antyhgin can always be improved, hopefully some more folks from both side can chime in also. Still wondering about the self canceling features if they are the same on the WP as the original or if there is slight change. The reason is that I have seen some modules that are for sell that can suposidely give such but not sure if they worth digging into. Did like the self canceling feature, and it somewhat a shame that BD did not include such with their PDM, maybe a reason but it would have been nice.

But if the WP does it stricly based on time verse engine RPM like the EHC did, could see what should be somewhat of an easy mod with a TD into the turn signal to overcome that. All said though, would not want to dig into the PDM anymore than needed until we see how it holds for the long haul, but from what little bit I have heard it seems to being do so for the most part.

Safe riding