Wire-plus installed

Energy One

lee

OK guys and gals here are some pics now that the new wiring harness is in - no more EHC for me - sweet. After first wiring up with the new connectors the tank wouldn't go back on right so he hard wired the hand controls. Here are a few pics to give you an idea.

A few shots of the hand controls - they have had new faces welded on and drilled for micro switches - he has done a beautiful job on these - pretty much seamless

new toggle switch for the air ride - loving that

a couple of shots of the wire-plus unit in behind the side covers - not great pictures I'm afraid

I also got a new ignition switch / key mechanism and new keys. Much more solid and puts out 12 volts

The bike seems to start better - maybe there is more juice getting to the starter. I also got new tail lights with orange signals - the lights on the back are definitely brighter than they were before. All in all a good job.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
Glad to see your baby is back. Your guy did a great job on the hand controls. :2thumbs:

choppersforlife

CHOPPERSFORLIFE
SWEET

Nice Job Lee:2thumbs:

:cheers: I'm diggin those control switches, very nice.

Enjoy, and let us know how you make out in the next few weeks.

Ride safe

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
Hope we can get ya to post up a vid of the scoot starting and running and all...

Hope you can get out and ride it a bit before the weather turns bad. :cheers:

lee

thanks boys - I'll do my best Knot but of course the weather doesn't turn bad in the UK - it is bad almost all of the time

Well looks like a great job lee and the piece of mind is worth it alone. Hand controls turned out better than I expected. You could always send the switch covers out to heather at new line engraving and have her label them and maybe add some flair to them as well. I know I love spending your money for ya.

lee

great suggestion Al but after being without the bike for two months the last thing I want is to be without it for another two. Might also be a bit blingy for my taste.

Took the bike out for a good ride today and its running great - my intermittent speedo issue seems to be gone too.

What pic Ray?

bdmridgeback

Low Down Chop Shop
Switches look great Lee! I am curious, Doesn't look like the ignition switch in the last pic is actually mounted with the nut that is supposed to screw on the outside. Appears that it is just stuck in from the backside and not mounted, if so, how did they do it. I have the same key switch that I bought (Sportster barrel key switch) and it is far from fitting in every way possible. I decided it was going to be eaiser to keep the factory switch.

lee

let me come back to you on that Jake. I think you have to grind a tab off the inside of the coil cover but I haven't had a look since I got it back. It is very solid though so I'm guessing it must be mounted somehow.