Voltage regulator location

MillerTime

Ok so, my issue is previous owner(s) broke a bolt off in the one hole, an have the threads messed up an apparently filled in with gasket maker to hold the one bolt that was in there on the other side....short of pulling the motor mount an drilling retapping threads for new bolts can I just drill out my mounting holes on the VR an mount on my actual motor bolts

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Ok so, my issue is previous owner(s) broke a bolt off in the one hole, an have the threads messed up an apparently filled in with gasket maker to hold the one bolt that was in there on the other side....short of pulling the motor mount an drilling retapping threads for new bolts can I just drill out my mounting holes on the VR an mount on my actual motor bolts
Why not just clear the gasket maker filled hole, remove the broken bolt (with an extraction tool) and worse case use a pair of helicoils to fix it. Assuming that the thread are beyond repair -- although I would rty cleaning them by running the proper size tap thru first.

Send a picture of the area you are working on and we'll be able to maybe make a better determination.