V&H Before and After

Energy One

Dlandbob

These are before and after. I am not sure I like the sound of the V&H Exhaust, I may have a exhaust leak so that could be why it doesn't sound right. I installed the new exhaust and now it pops when I shift gears. It also pops really loud when I down shift, scared the blank out of me the first time I road it after I installed it. Oh, note to self, don't touch while HOT!!! I burned my finger pretty good.... Don't do what I did. The other thing is, is it worth having this vs the stock exhaust on my bike?

Thanks

Attachments

STROKER

looks good dlandbob!! thats the same exhaust i put on my PRO-SPORT last weekend.
i pulled the baffle out and cut out the 'innards' on the rear of the baffle. sounds a whole lot better! mine 'pops' sometimes when i punch it kinda hard.:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Dlandbob

Did it make a difference in horsepower? I am not sure if I can tell if it does or not. I have not mounted the pipe itself on because the bracket didn't fit so I didn't get on it, I just opened it up a little.

Thanks

STROKER

i think it improved greatly. i had on the original HOOKER i believe, with no baffle at all.
it was fairly loud. the new exhaust sounds more deeper and mellower, just like the way it should sound.i'm very happy with it,even tho it is pricey.:eek:

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
:2thumbs: Looks most excellent. I like the 2 into 1 V&H. Mine will pop on deceleration some. Sometimes, I get a loud bang on startup at a gas station if I don't turn off the gas on the way in but not always. Mine is not bad. Checking the Exhaust flanges for leaks and carb tuning will be the answer.:cheers:

:2thumbs: Looks most excellent. I like the 2 into 1 V&H. Mine will pop on deceleration some. Sometimes, I get a loud bang on startup at a gas station if I don't turn off the gas on the way in but not always. Mine is not bad. Checking the Exhaust flanges for leaks and carb tuning will be the answer.:cheers:
Good advice right there and the pipes look great :2thumbs:

aspen874

Dlandbob, I think that pipe looks great on your bike, I just bought the same for my bike. I agree with Nukeranger, it's about getting your carb tuned to the new pipes. When I put on V&H 2-2 on Mine, I had to change the jets

Dlandbob

I have a 78 main jet, I think the jetting is fine, I just need to tune it now. The main issue is now the peg hole is covered up and the brackets don't fit at all. I called V&H, that was stupid on my part, they basically told me too bad, the pipe isn't made for a Big Dog Chopper and thats my problem.. I was kind of surprised what morons work there and how they talked to me. I guess I will just have to have everything made to make it work, I have been to a few shops looking for parts that will work and I am out of luck. It looks good though, too bad I can't ride it until I get the bracket on.

Thanks for all the advice..

Dlandbob

Yes, I meant the passenger peg but I found a extension for it and I am set now. V&H tech support said they make nothing for my bike to use this and I can't do anything. I called back and talked to someone else who said the other guy out of 5 must be new and he will give a chewing to.

Black Rider

These are before and after. I am not sure I like the sound of the V&H Exhaust, I may have a exhaust leak so that could be why it doesn't sound right. I installed the new exhaust and now it pops when I shift gears. It also pops really loud when I down shift, scared the blank out of me the first time I road it after I installed it. Oh, note to self, don't touch while HOT!!! I burned my finger pretty good.... Don't do what I did. The other thing is, is it worth having this vs the stock exhaust on my bike?

Thanks
Dlandob,
Nice K9. I like the carb filter. What is it? Where to buy? Thanks in advance. I have v&h 2 2 on my K 9 and sometimes I get popping but much less since I adjusted the air/fuel screw. Just took a long country road across south Italy and adjusted it while cruising at 40 mph.

BadBrad

2005 Pitbull
I believe Rubwhore runs that same exhaust. Not sure if he messed with the baffles or not. Damn sure looks better than what you had.

Bmarchant

Nice looking exhaust......
I need to make the same "note to self" too, for the same reason. I've burned myself a few times now while cleaning, and the last time I got celulitus and needed antibiotics. Plus it hurts like HELL!

K9Anniv

HUGE improvement!:2thumbs: Nice job!!:cheers:

I'm thinking about switching to the V&H 2:1 Big Radius on my K9 now!

Looks like you might get a little more ground clearance going around right turns, too!