SWING ARM & SADDLEBAGS ON YOUR DOG? SHOW IT TO US

Energy One

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
I recently bought a small set of throw-over bags (via walmart) for $25. Yeah they're cheap but If it adds that last bit of whatever when I'm on the road it will be worth it.
As soon as I get a pic with them on the bike I'll post it.

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
Just for the record, if you look on the bottom of the struts on a K9 and Mastiff, you will see threaded bolt holes. Not all have them, but most of them do. These are for a saddle bag option from the factory.
The factory always had plans to come out with a larger line of accessories for our hounds. Many of us that have rode long distance know storage space us a premium and saddlebags would be welcome to many. I like the swingarm bags, but unless the wife goes with, i generally can pack my stuff in the large bitch bar bag and a duffle bag.
Appreciate the post and look fwd to seeing what others are using.

Ps, the chopper look is what each owner wants it to be, that is what makes each bdm unique.
Ride it, dont trailer it.

jchapin

The factory always had plans to come out with a larger line of accessories for our hounds. Many of us that have rode long distance know storage space us a premium and saddlebags would be welcome to many. I like the swingarm bags, but unless the wife goes with, i generally can pack my stuff in the large bitch bar bag and a duffle bag.
Appreciate the post and look fwd to seeing what others are using.

Ps, the chopper look is what each owner wants it to be, that is what makes each bdm unique.
Ride it, dont trailer it.
The Factory DID make bags. I bought mine through Donna/Shovelheadkicker. They did not make many sets though. I think they were more of a prototype. They arnt the best and hit the swingarm. I spaced mine out so that they are usable.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
The Factory DID make bags. I bought mine through Donna/Shovelheadkicker. They did not make many sets though. I think they were more of a prototype. They arnt the best and hit the swingarm. I spaced mine out so that they are usable.
They were also pretty expensive when they came out -- $1400 list for bags and mounts.

Ok, here's my first K-9 when I had added removable hard lockable saddle bags.
Jersey Big Mike, I stumbled across this pic as I am trying to figure out how to prep my 2006 K9 for long trips with the wife. This gives me some ideas to ponder on. What kind of bags did you use on the back? What seat do you have? Appreciate it! Dave - KS

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Jersey Big Mike, I stumbled across this pic as I am trying to figure out how to prep my 2006 K9 for long trips with the wife. This gives me some ideas to ponder on. What kind of bags did you use on the back? What seat do you have? Appreciate it! Dave - KS
Not sure how I missed this post. Bags were an off brand that cost me apprx 300/pair.
I was running the standard 2 up seat
I have also used Kuryakyn grand tour bags (throw overs --very big) Had to expand the velcro across the seat for these. i attached the bottom of the bags to the swingarm (I know you are not suppose to) using a strectch cord so it had give when the swingarm moved.