Seat Cushions

Joose3

I've been doing a lot of riding lately... Some days are over 400 miles. Trying to get in as much riding as possible before I have to put the bike away for the winter. I'm experiencing some numbness and was wondering if anyone has tried the seat cushions? And if so what type (gel, air, etc.), what size, what manufacturer and how well you like it?

Thank you,
O.J.

shansel88

I dont think anything is as comfortable as the one that's "broken in". My old seat had 16,000 miles but ripped at the seam. Bought the new gel padded seat and its ok - but numbness after 2 hours maybe - old seat I could ride all day. But that just my opinion.

njbiker20088

I've been doing a lot of riding lately... Some days are over 400 miles. Trying to get in as much riding as possible before I have to put the bike away for the winter. I'm experiencing some numbness and was wondering if anyone has tried the seat cushions? And if so what type (gel, air, etc.), what size, what manufacturer and how well you like it? i use an air hawk

Thank you,
O.J.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
On my 03, I had it redone. They added more foam and a gel pad, then covered it in ostrich. I'm going to do the same with the 04, except I'm going with black ostrich.

20170323_204159.jpg

kickstart

I'm not a fan of Gel, I have one seat for the K9 that is gel and gets used rarely. To me the stock seat is more comfortable.