Rider comfort

abnranger

Just curious about riders that are short do they have a problem with the Big dog bikes. For example my dad cant handle my 2004 pitbull to well and he is 5'9" tall he reaches the pedals and all well but he is still out of his comfort zone.

just curious about what other people think?

LDO

The Cleaner
Troop Supporter
I'm 5'9 as well and I ride a 2003 Mastiff and I don't have any problems except for running out of money always doing stuff to it!:D :2thumbs: :D

mobsta

i am only 5 6" no problem now that i have track shoe cleats on my pegs to keep my feet on.i was looking for a possible mid control change but ok now.

littlef66

Littlef66
I have just the opposite problem. I am 6'6 and I have an 08 pitbull with the extended controls. I still feel like I would use about 3 more inches. Is there any solutions out there?

f-okie

AllGaveSome-SomeGaveAll
Well, I'm also 5'9" and I even moved my controls forward that extra 2 1/2"s. Ridden from coast to coast on my K9.:flag:
Comfortable as hell-----:cheers:

jbyronbaker

5'5 No Issues.

Just curious about riders that are short do they have a problem with the Big dog bikes. For example my dad cant handle my 2004 pitbull to well and he is 5'9" tall he reaches the pedals and all well but he is still out of his comfort zone.

just curious about what other people think?
I'm 5'5 and I ride an 07 pit. I have a two inch forward booster seat, and I ride like a rock star. No problems. I've heard this complaint before, especially from my friends who are taller that try my bike and say they have issues. Did I mention they all ride Jap bikes made to look like Harleys, but they swear they hate Harley.:job:

BrianLo

I'm 5'4" and don't have any real problems with my K-9. Then again, I've been riding for 30+ years. I did have Beeza add a little 'push' to my seat when he covered it. The only issue I have is that i need to move my foot peg out a little for better clearance on the Fourbiddens (tired of burning up the jeans). :D

Baldielox

I've got a '08 Pitbull, and my buddy who is 5'5" raves about how he is more comfortable on my bike. His is a '09 Ultra Classic

- B

surferdude

dry docked
Switchblade pegs works for me ...

Try Kuryakin switch blade pegs... I did a thread on my install. I'm 5'7'' and the pegs come back about an inch and a half. Don't really need the switch blade but sometimes on a long run I flip them out. They look great too. :D :flag:

Attachments

barhopper

Another round please
6'6", 04 Bulldog. I have the forward controls. Great barhopper. Never rode more than 400 in a day though.