Rear Rotor, Mad Clown

8ball

I have been in contact with Rick Preuss at Performance Machine who has told m that they can still make me a replacement rear rotor for my 2004 Chopper with the Mad Clown design, they call it the chopper design, for $249.00 this does not include shipping and will take 6 weeks for delivery. I hope this will help anyone else shopping to keep thier chopper original. :up: Hey, I just reread that e-mail and he gave me a part number of #0131-1571 to make ordering easier. Hey one more thing, after I talked to him on the phone he said that price includes shipping. SWEET!!!!

Last edited:

8ball

I would contact Rick Preuss at performance Machine phone number is 714 523 3000 they're in California so call at appropriate time.

BWG56

Guru
Is that a 1/4 thick? cause 1/4 thicker seems too thick to fit between the pads.
The new ones that Derrick and Donna are having make are beefier, and they fit just fine. I've install several of them.
I understand that, but that wasn't my question, but according to your answer, they must be 1/4" thick, not 1/4"thicker because there's only .300 gap in the caliper and the original rotors are about .205 thick now.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Yes, they are a 1/4'' thicker all over. new one on the left, old one one the right.

Hub mount for the new one.

Hub mount on the old one.

It's machined so the center line of the pulley is the same. They are also Teflon coated.

BWG56

Guru
I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Your talking about the hub, I am referring to his response for the rotor.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
I'm just saying the whole thing is thicker. Even thicker than the design in the rims, and won't, or shouldn't break like his did. Luckily I caught the ones I changed out while they were just cracked.