Polish Alum to look like Chrome

Energy One
Hi - Can anyone recommend a product to polish the aluminum wheels so they look like chrome? I thought someone posted about it before but now I can not find the thread. Thank you

xonionx

Hi - Can anyone recommend a product to polish the aluminum wheels so they look like chrome? I thought someone posted about it before but now I can not find the thread. Thank you
This is what I use for mine

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Flitz is good, but it's a lot harder to work with than good ol Mothers Billet. Apply it with a rubber glove, and let the polish do its job then wipe it off with a well used t shirt or flannel cloth. DO NOT USE A MICRO FIBER RAG.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Do a serch, there are a lot of threads on the subject. Or you can just come over to my shop and we can take care of you like this.

PROFLYER

SWOLE
I got these on Amazon a while back. Work awesome to take off the mother's billet. Put on some nitrile gloves and just use your fingers to rub the mother's around. It makes it go a LOT further as well since a towel/pad isn't soaking up the polish. Then buff off with the towels. I wash these in the machine with some dawn dish soap and then toss them in the dryer. Don't use dryer sheets or fabric softener when cleaning your towels as it'll streak and drive you crazy.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
I got these on Amazon a while back. Work awesome to take off the mother's billet. Put on some nitrile gloves and just use your fingers to rub the mother's around. It makes it go a LOT further as well since a towel/pad isn't soaking up the polish. Then buff off with the towels. I wash these in the machine with some dawn dish soap and then toss them in the dryer. Don't use dryer sheets or fabric softener when cleaning your towels as it'll streak and drive you crazy.

I have a couple of those, that I ended up with from somewhere, and yes they work great. I go down to Wally World and buy flannel by the yard for about $4.

Mike manson

It’s as much as what your using to wipe it off and applying the mother’s billet with dentdude say white tee shirts to wipe off gloves or foam wax pad then throw away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikeone

Adams metal polish 1 & 2 work very well.
Use a paint polish sponge for the polish work.
clean with cotton.
looks good

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
That thing sure is shining
:oldthumbsup:
Found the thread on the rebuild for Shaine's