Paint Ideas?

roadie1389

So looking to possibly getting my Chopper painted. Staying with the Yellow, don't want to take the bike completely apart. Looking for some design ideas, no skulls, no tribal, no flames. But something that will go with the Chopper. Any places to point me at would be helpful on my quest.
Thanks
1658455818916.png

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
My brother used to ride with a guy who had a white HD I thought had a great paint job. It had 4 stripes of paint —vivid red , electric blue, a green and maybe yellow (for you maybe black). The same pattern front to back on the front fender, replicated again on the tank and of course the rear fender. And all 4 stripes were centered on the right-hand side of the tins. The thing was that the stripes weren’t airbrushed stripes all masked off, but were about 1/4“ wide and looked like they were ‘droobled’ on the tins off the end of a paintbrush. Like it would look on the floor if you dipped a big brush in paint and then walked across the room. The stripes wandered a bit and had softened edges like a line of dripped paint. I don’t think you could actually do that because the paint would be lumpy. Dunno how the guy did it, but it was cool as hell. I’m thinking this is a simple design, compatible with a re-do of your yellow tins, and uses strikingly vivid colors. I always regretted not getting a picture of that bike.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I think the frames are artwork in themselves, leaving the frame yellow and a contrast color for tins would be in my opinion pretty cool if done right. Or you could keep it simple as well and do a yellow along the frame and black on the top of the tins or black lines like some racing stripes.

This would be extreme

1659282107480.png

Flip flopping these colors would be not as extreme way more subtle.

1659282241522.png