My Dog is weeping!!!

Jay Dog

Bet this topic has been hit before!! My Dog is weeping in several spots! Lower crank case, around the speedo sensor! Etc. and don't even have 7k on it yet! Using full synthetics in engine and trans! I am thinking I will go to conventional on the trans, and maybe a blend with the seal conditioners (high mileage)in the powerplant!! I used Valvoline Max Life in my old worn out GMC truck and leaks stopped and have better oil pressure!! Appreciate any feedback!!

Jwooky

Try and be specific about where exactly is is leaking. Clean the areas very thoroughly and run/ride bike and try to find the highest point of the leak.

Lower crank case? Speedo sensor is easy, just a simple 50 cent oring.

Make sure you do not have a crank case venting issue and your fluid levels are correct.

I do not believe in "sealers and conditioners" additives etc.. Find the real problem(s).

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Try and be specific about where exactly is is leaking. Clean the areas very thoroughly and run/ride bike and try to find the highest point of the leak.

Lower crank case? Speedo sensor is easy, just a simple 50 cent oring.

Make sure you do not have a crank case venting issue and your fluid levels are correct.

I do not believe in "sealers and conditioners" additives etc.. Find the real problem(s).
:iagree:

Also, if it comes from underneath the primary.... check the starter... quite common.

Do a search within the Forum, as you said it has been widely discussed.

Not a biggie (I hope)

:cheers:

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
on another line, make sure you clean the primary vent so the pressure can be released. top edge back of primary pretty much in the center of the primary behind the shift linkage. be gentle with this piece, it is easy to break. i think it is 7/16 hex.

Jay Dog

Center parting line of crank case down low, speedo sensor, just damp looking, no drip! Didn't have this prob before putting in the full syn stuffs! I know lots of guys like the syn stuff, but off to a bad start here! I read some stuff about it not causing leaks, but will find them!

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
A lot of sealer oils use Perifin . This is basically a Petrolium wax! Quaker State use to be the king of Perifin oil!! Take a car motor run on parifin base oil with 100,000 miles and tear it apart. It will freighter you! I either run Amsoil or Royal Purple. If you have an oil leak there is a problem. Stop and fix your problem. If you don't it can get bad! As in pitchfork bad!

Attachments

FrankBDPS

A lot of sealer oils use Perifin . This is basically a Petrolium wax! Quaker State use to be the king of Perifin oil!! Take a car motor run on parifin base oil with 100,000 miles and tear it apart. It will freighter you! I either run Amsoil or Royal Purple. If you have an oil leak there is a problem. Stop and fix your problem. If you don't it can get bad! As in pitchfork b
OMG how does a thread go from a oil discussion to that. I can't even sit down now. That had to hurt!

francoblay1

The Spaniard
A lot of sealer oils use Perifin . This is basically a Petrolium wax! Quaker State use to be the king of Perifin oil!! Take a car motor run on parifin base oil with 100,000 miles and tear it apart. It will freighter you! I either run Amsoil or Royal Purple. If you have an oil leak there is a problem. Stop and fix your problem. If you don't it can get bad! As in pitchfork bad!
I was not expecting less than you!!! :D

BTW, AMSOIL here too in all holes. :2thumbs:

superduty

Wondering how you made out. I have a leak also. Started with the starter problem. Noticed the oil lines were almost rubbed thru,don't think this is the problem though. Will replace them and clean up starter. Meanwhile primary oil is OK , motor oil was low. where is the crankcase breather? have to get it back together and look for leak, can't see anything that jumps out at me.

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Wondering how you made out. I have a leak also. Started with the starter problem. Noticed the oil lines were almost rubbed thru,don't think this is the problem though. Will replace them and clean up starter. Meanwhile primary oil is OK , motor oil was low. where is the crankcase breather? have to get it back together and look for leak, can't see anything that jumps out at me.
Yeah... it would be nice if people follows up their threads to http://www.bigdogbiker.com/forums/general/38672-contiunity-closure.html