Miles per TANK?

Energy One

Bulldog03

POIDOG
Since we don't have a gas gauge, I did a search and couldn't find any threads on how much miles I can expect to get out of a full tank- 2003 Bulldog 4.3 gal., looked in the owner's manual nothing I ran out of gas once already, thought I had half a tank...

At least I can set the trip meter to zero and watch my mileage for when I'm about empty to search for a gas station, not including the reserve.... I think there was something about this on the other board, tried....now it's closed....... anybody? anything close to empty by milage would help,:confused: 100,200.

cavracer21

i like to buy my fuel at around 100 miles, this is usually around the 2/3's mark but its better not to wait till its to late.

Bulldog03

POIDOG
Thanks cav, kinda paranoid now since then, just don't wanna go to a station and just put in $2-3 and get overflow...:(

WB Cycles

I've made 110 (barely), but like Cav will start looking for a station around 100. The chopper died on me ONCE and after pushing it for a 1/4 mile I learned MY lesson.

narow37

Angry Southern White Man
i usually get gas around 100-120 miles and i put about 3.2 gallons in the tank leaving me a little over a gallon left to go. which in the long run means i'm getting a little over 40 mpg.

Reaper

As a rule, I don't go over 100 miles. I have a custom tank which is basically a stretched Bulldog tank, and think I could go more, but I have never run it out of gas to see how far I could go with it. So I play it safe with 100 miles.

Chopper Dave

SIICK!!!
i usually get gas around 100-120 miles and i put about 3.2 gallons in the tank leaving me a little over a gallon left to go. which in the long run means i'm getting a little over 40 mpg.
I usually start looking for gas around the 100 mile mark also.....although...one time riding back from Full Throttle.....by time I was at the gas station...I had 138 miles on the bike....if I remember right...I think it took 3.65 gallons...somewere around there....I know I was cutting it close....but I was already home....never had to use reserve yet...:up:
I try to top off every time I am done riding for the day....so next time I go riding...I don't have to mess around and get gas...I'm good to go!

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
100 miles and I start looking for a fuel stop. On Road Trips, running above 70mph, I will go to about 125, only because these dogs get way better mpg the faster they go.

f-okie

AllGaveSome-SomeGaveAll
The last time I checked mine, was getting about 43mpg on the highway. But in town, I too hit it about every 100 miles(about 3 gals)

05chop

When i m on and off the throttle around town.I only get 60 miles,on a cruise lite throttle mite see 100miles.MAX HP THEN miles per gallon. Whats next ?:spank:

100 miles max

03 chopper and I refill at 100 miles max. My reserve is useless. Not sure of exact mileage from reserve but I've ran out of gas twice. Never again.........hopefully!

chacha

Chaff Your EHC!!
Calendar Participant
Bulldog 03;

I got a similar tank. Commute on it daily and look for fuel at 120. On long haul highway, I've gone 150 without a problem. Gunning it on backroads I've had to hit the reserve at 110, so it depends on how you're riding it.

100 miles is a decent rule of thumb that will keep you out of trouble :up:

Bulldog03

POIDOG
Thanks guys for all the input! so the consensus is at least 100 miles till next fill-up to be on the safe side, with 10-20 more miles till you hit the reserve...while in cruise mode.:up: now just gotta remember to reset the trip meter :rolleyes:

LamboV12

On the freeway I can go as far as 130 before pulling over for fuel without hitting reserve. 6th gear is really a tall gear.

In town, riding with the usual suspects, about 70-75.

Depends on how Hard you ride -

kickstart

40-50 depending on how I ride it, but I start looking at around 100 because it's too damn heavy to push.