MAAS polish

rowdy13

anyone ever heard of MAAS metal polish? It was an advertisement in Vtwin magazine. they quoted the "motorcycle consumer news" as saying it was the best product they tested. they said they tested 28 metal polishes, and it was the best by far. the MAAS website is www.maasinc.com. on their website, they list the 28 polishes they tested. I'm sure I will order some. if you go to their website, scroll down to the pic of the motorcycle. Apparently they use their stuff for other things as well.

ezrizer

Not bad, pretty much like the other stuff on the market. It's hard to beat Mothers, especially the Mothers "Billet". In fact I wanted to make a post letting everyone who uses Billet know that Advanced Auto Parts is discontinuing Billet and has it for half price while supplies last.

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
if you look at what they tested, they didn't test the stuff we use. They tested a lower quality flitz, lower end mothers (not the billet), and no wizards at all.

MAAS Polishing Crème
MAAS Micro-Fine Finishing Polish
Aero Cosmetics Polishing Rouge
Blue Coral Blue Buster Polishing Kit
Blue Job Chrome Polish
Blue Magic Metal Polish Cream
Classic Cloth
Cycle Care Formulas Aluminum #5
Dri Wash'n Guard Premium Polish Eagle 1 One Metal Polish
Espree Ever Brite Wadding Polish
Flitz Optima Metal Polish
FZ Metal Polish
Luster Lace Metal Polish
Luster Pad Metal Polish
Magic Mix Metal Polish
Meguiar's All Metal Polish
Mothers Chrome Polish Nevr-Dull Wadding Polish
No. 7 Chrome Polish (Armorall)
Ouator Metal Polish
S 100 Total Cycle Finish Restorer
Simichrome Polishing Paste
The Wax Shop Liquid Metal Polish
Turtle Wax Chrome Polish
X-Treem Metal Polish
Zephyr Pro 40 Perfection Metal Polish
The stuff they used is already known not to be that good. That's the bad part about sources like that.

Let us know how well it works and what other products you are using yourself as a basis for comparison.

LamboV12

Not bad, pretty much like the other stuff on the market. It's hard to beat Mothers, especially the Mothers "Billet". In fact I wanted to make a post letting everyone who uses Billet know that Advanced Auto Parts is discontinuing Billet and has it for half price while supplies last.
thanks for the heads up - the only thing I don't like about it is the price.

Funny - but I use different polish depending on the part I'm buffing. Seems some products work better on the wheels, some are better on controls, etc.

I like mothers with a high speed buffer (not powerball). The bomb or flizt on mirrors and handlebar controls, etc etc. Way too much time on my hands I guess.

I'll post something on this stuff - suppose to be here Monday.

ezrizer

I've used simichrome, nano polish, blue magic, mothers original, mothers billet, noxin and maas. All but the nano and the mothers products smell like ammonia. From what I've read ammonia is not good for alumiunum. I agree with Lambo about the different products for different parts, especially chrome vs aluminum. I just tried the mothers chrome polish and it seems to work good. I like liquid glass for the painted surfaces and it seems to be a nice finishing touch on chrome and stainless. I think I'm going to try the zoop stuff next, seems to be highly recommended. Also thinking of something called "wheel wax" it's much cheaper than the zoop and sounds like it's intended to do the same thing. Also available locally at advanced auto parts.

desldog

Hey guys,
I had some stains on my Harley side covers and the only thing that removed them was the MAAS...just my 2 cents...glad to be here...Thanks!!

LDO

The Cleaner
Troop Supporter
Funny,
I was walking through the exchange (store on base) the other day and spotted a whole box of this stuff for like 2.99 a tube.

Never used it before but didn't need any so I didn't buy it....

LamboV12

As posted earlier, I ordered it, received it, but don't have my bike - in the shop. Will test it out next weekend if all goes well.

LDO - miss the good old days of shopping in the PX

Does Maas last longer than the cheap stuff or does it clean faster?

I use cheapO stuff works fine for me, but It does not last to long.
Never mind, this is open to openion.
Sorry, dumb question.

Last edited:

LDO

The Cleaner
Troop Supporter
As posted earlier, I ordered it, received it, but don't have my bike - in the shop. Will test it out next weekend if all goes well.

LDO - miss the good old days of shopping in the PX
Hasn't changed much!:D

LamboV12

Finally got bike back after 4 weeks in the shop. Tried MAAS.
First, I'm skeptical of anything that does it all. Then I opened the box and they screwed up my order. Ordered the past + sealer. Sent me past and liquid polish... so I'm pissed already.

Gotta say the shit is good. Did the front wheel in under 10 minutes, normally takes me about 30. It's fast and does not require a lot of rubbing. Also leaves some kind of protective coating that you can feel, almost like wax.

Works on chrome and everything. Will add to my favorite list. But have not tried Wizards yet, that's next.

I do concours with cars and tried a lot of products. Here's just some of the crap in the garage - all detail stuff...

Attachments

reddog

Finally got bike back after 4 weeks in the shop. Tried MAAS.
First, I'm skeptical of anything that does it all. Then I opened the box and they screwed up my order. Ordered the past + sealer. Sent me past and liquid polish... so I'm pissed already.

Gotta say the shit is good. Did the front wheel in under 10 minutes, normally takes me about 30. It's fast and does not require a lot of rubbing. Also leaves some kind of protective coating that you can feel, almost like wax.

Works on chrome and everything. Will add to my favorite list. But have not tried Wizards yet, that's next.

I do concours with cars and tried a lot of products. Here's just some of the crap in the garage - all detail stuff...
wow thats a good iventory you have there whats good for soapscumb on windows in cars thanks

slowrower

2007 Mastiff
And I thought I was crazy

Misery loves company so they say -- I to have more cleaning shit than I could ever possible use, each time someone recommends something for cleaning the dog I get it and try it. Most work, some are exceptional. My favorite so far is wizards with their sealer Zeno for the paint. :cheers: Its FRIDAY!!!

LamboV12

Misery loves company so they say -- I to have more cleaning shit than I could ever possible use, each time someone recommends something for cleaning the dog I get it and try it. Most work, some are exceptional. My favorite so far is wizards with their sealer Zeno for the paint. :cheers: Its FRIDAY!!!
Obsesive Compulisive Disorder (OCD) - I bet half of us here have it :)

Don't get me started on Zaino..... I know Sal Zaino .

Want good wax? Try Autoglym - the best.

slowrower

2007 Mastiff
Obsesive Compulisive Disorder (OCD) - I bet half of us here have it :)

Don't get me started on Zaino..... I know Sal Zaino .

Want good wax? Try Autoglym - the best.
Time to add to my cleaning and polishing collection!! thanks -- Is the Zaino stuff any good? my son-in-laws swears by it, I got some for my wife's BMW.