Karata Belt Drive installed

Energy One

Bulldog03

POIDOG
Yeah baby! gotta thank Jim from Karata for the deal on the belt drive for members of this forum, also great customer service, he helped me through the bumps and any stupid questions that I had:rolleyes:

Now I understand what you all were describing about the whining sound:D , I like it, the guys I ride with were trippin' on the sound too, now they can here me coming and know who it is, the clatter of the clutch is gonna take some time to get used to, I have nothing to compare how loud it is cause no one else has a belt drive that I ride with.

I don't have a how to but I got some pictures:

This is with the half shroud installed.

This is with the full shroud, just placed on the belt drive to see how it will look like

Jim sent a half and a full shroud which I don't think he's supposed to do, he didn't know which one I ordered so he sent the 2, Thanks Jim:2thumbs:

EJ

Great job that looks killer how long did it take and did you help do it:2thumbs:

Bulldog03

POIDOG
Great job that looks killer how long did it take and did you help do it:2thumbs:

UM..........I did the install with my brother-in-law:cheers:

Took us morning till afternoon about 7 hrs. including looking for the right tools, a 1 -5/16 socket and a pulley to get the sleeve off the trans shaft, probably faster if we had the correct tools on hand.

Bulldog03

POIDOG
Thanks guys :whoop:

sweet How much was it with the deal?
$2950 + shipping to HAWAII, I think it would be cheaper anywhere else..

If you don't get the outboard support $805 +
Piranha Jr clutch $465 +

Comes to $1680 + Karata hardware-steel offset insert, offset engine nut, engine spacer for your specific Big Dog..

Also you'd still need a clutch setup ( your choice), and pulley covers...
there's a lot of combinations that can fit your budget...

Give Jim @ Karata a call and he can set you up, also mention your a member of the forum for the discount as mentioned in the other thread http://www.bigdogbiker.com/forums/group-buys/4056-karata.html

thanks to BLITZ:up:

Lone Dog

Motorcycle Junkie
Way to go! I did the same thing about a month ago. I can't believe how easy it was, and the diference it made in the drivetrain.

Jim was great too. He was easy to work with me on getting the gear sent over here to Italy, and helpful to the end. He even gave me a hollar to see how it went.

Staffy

UM..........I did the install with my brother-in-law:cheers:

Took us morning till afternoon about 7 hrs. including looking for the right tools, a 1 -5/16 socket and a pulley to get the sleeve off the trans shaft, probably faster if we had the correct tools on hand.
Can you please post a pic to the tools required (the pully) and any other TIPS that could assist with the install. Would help us out...Also, did you have to change any seals (crank or tranny?)

L@@K's GREAT:up: :up: Have fun...Ride safe...

Bulldog03

POIDOG
Can you please post a pic to the tools required (the pully) and any other TIPS that could assist with the install. Would help us out...Also, did you have to change any seals (crank or tranny?)

L@@K's GREAT:up: :up: Have fun...Ride safe...
The pulley was a three arm that I bought from Checkers, took some time to get it off, there is a special tool for taking off the sleeve but I figure I'm gonna only use it once:rolleyes: why buy it....

The trans seal were already pressed in with the motor plate from Karata, the second & fourth picture shows no seal for the motor, there is none...just the motor nut to bolt the pulley & plate to the motor.

Lone Dog

Motorcycle Junkie
I didn't even need a pulley puller. the motor sprocket nut wasn't too bad to get off with a torch and breakerbar. The install on these is freaking cake. Just need a 1 5/16 and 1 3/16 sockets, and impact gun to put the karata's on. Almost too easy.