Junk or a fixer upper?

Energy One

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
It's ugly but for that price, clean title and low miles, I'd say it's a good project for someone
Well it's a chopper too not a k9 so 250 vs 300 tire.

Bike has been bastardized, he talks about electrical ditching computer and replacing ignition module but still kept the stock controls but no mention of what kit he used. Something is fishy there and probably doesn't work right, also no left or right blinkers? Front or rear? There's only a couple people on here that could wire that without a kit so it has me suspect. no nose cone cover? Really? Not a big deal but still.

Rear lights were removed, fronts removed, TP heads, thankfully the struts are not cut up but you'll need to find a new fender. The headlight? WTF is that huge thing?

Not to mention...i wouldn't believe that thing has 5K miles no matter what it says. Bike looks like that and electrical changed?who knows if the speedo is right or wrong...

Now with all that said....if it starts and runs and sounds nice and rides alright 4k sounds better it needs a couple grand in work easy. Paint ain't cheap, and a good rewire. I'd say whoever buys that about 3k to return to stockish state that doesn't include time just paint and parts.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
With the prices on these bikes gotta wonder why anyone would buy a project even at that price by the time it's done you'd have a lot more into than just buying a pristine low mileage one
Yep, agreed. Can't see you being in the clear for under 8k and that's not even including your time. Can have a bike at that price without wasting your time.

Hirter6Pack

Not Quite A Guru
With the prices on these bikes gotta wonder why anyone would buy a project even at that price by the time it's done you'd have a lot more into than just buying a pristine low mileage one
Sad but true. You could add up money quick and in a hurry. Might a well put another jar on the shelf and start saving some money for something nicer.

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
Decent price. It would make someone a good project. You can buy whatever, but when its in pieces in the garage, you really know what you have, and when its done, satisfaction and knowing its done right. If ya like building stuff, this is a good start as long as motor n trans are tight.

MossBerg590

Well it's a chopper too not a k9 so 250 vs 300 tire.

Bike has been bastardized, he talks about electrical ditching computer and replacing ignition module but still kept the stock controls but no mention of what kit he used. Something is fishy there and probably doesn't work right, also no left or right blinkers? Front or rear? There's only a couple people on here that could wire that without a kit so it has me suspect. no nose cone cover? Really? Not a big deal but still.

Rear lights were removed, fronts removed, TP heads, thankfully the struts are not cut up but you'll need to find a new fender. The headlight? WTF is that huge thing?

Not to mention...i wouldn't believe that thing has 5K miles no matter what it says. Bike looks like that and electrical changed?who knows if the speedo is right or wrong...

Now with all that said....if it starts and runs and sounds nice and rides alright 4k sounds better it needs a couple grand in work easy. Paint ain't cheap, and a good rewire. I'd say whoever buys that about 3k to return to stockish state that doesn't include time just paint and parts.

He probably just wired it with min basics so he didn' have to change bars and controls. He says he has another rear fender and all turn signals etc so you could possibly have everything to go back stock right away. We can assume all day if we want, easiest way is to call and get the scoop. But at 5k, and what I can see, it seems to be worth a call over an assumption