installed hid

sloan2

#1 sinner
i installed my hid kit today. well kind of my headlight is all screwed up outer ring came off easy inner ring all screwed up i guess the last person how changed the light bulb had problems and beat the inner ring on and messed up the threads in the headlight housing.so now in need a new headlight. but anyways i got all the rings off installed the kit put the outer ring back on and was going to do the burn in and at least see what it looked like,but when i turned it on all i have is high beam.when i hit low beam stays on high beam. has that happenrd to anyone if so what do i do to fix it. and does anyone know what a new headlight cost

RADAMS445

RADICAL
First,make sure the head light (h.i.d.) is working by it's self.Do this by putting a seperate power source to it. Ex.a battery with the + and - also if it fires independently don't let it run until it is installed for the burn in.this is important.That is explained in the instructions. If it fires problem is in the the bike harness. Some of the ehc had a problem reading amperage draw which caused the high beam default mode.The one thing I will mention is when you do the test "important"make sure the hid is not in the lens.If you have an after market lens ,the bulb could short out on the inner reflecter.This causes the tranformer to trip!Next try to test for voltage on harness plug or put original bulb back in for test. Let us know what happens:cheers:

sloan2

#1 sinner
You need to ask Jake for help with that. This is the headlight I have on my bike today. I replaced the stock with an Adjure. To me it is a better headlight bucket, because you don't have them stupied set screws or rings to fuck with.

5-3/4" ADJURE SMOOTH MOTORCYCLE HEADLIGHT BUCKET LAMPS:eBay Motors (item 330328073225 end time Jul-04-09 16:55:54 PDT)

Carlos :whoop:
Im going to order one of them for sure.those rings are a suck ass system. Will the hid kit fit in those buckets? It says it's pre wired is it for the h-4 bulb?

Little-Boo

Troop Supporter
Im going to order one of them for sure.those rings are a suck ass system. Will the hid kit fit in those buckets? It says it's pre wired is it for the h-4 bulb?
Yes it will, I have the HID kit in that very same bucket. I just ordered another HID kit which I am going to install in the wife's trike. Both buckets came from the same guy on e-bay.

The price is 150 plus 15 shipping. If you order from Adjure it will cost more. From what I read these are supposed to be rejects or not up to Adjures standards. But hey I did not find anything wrong with either one of the headlight bucket I ordered. They are new and come complete with 5 3/4 headlight and the H-4 Bulb. Just plug it in and you are good to go.

Last edited:

sloan2

#1 sinner
Yes it will, I have the HID kit in that very same bucket. I just ordered another HID kit which I am going to install in the wife's trike. Both buckets came from the same guy on e-bay.

The price is 150 plus 15 shipping. If you order from Adjure it will cost more. From what I read these are supposed to be rejects or not up to Adjures standards. But hey I did not find anything wrong with either on of the headlight bucket I ordered. They are new and come complete with 5 3/4 headlight and the H-4 Bulb. Just plug it in and you are good to go.

I went to the adjure web site and they have the headlight bucket and the black dot headlight for 160 the bucket has the raised flames on it I guess that will look ok haven't seen one in person but for the price I'll give it a try:whoop:

sloan2

#1 sinner
First,make sure the head light (h.i.d.) is working by it's self.Do this by putting a seperate power source to it. Ex.a battery with the + and - also if it fires independently don't let it run until it is installed for the burn in.this is important.That is explained in the instructions. If it fires problem is in the the bike harness. Some of the ehc had a problem reading amperage draw which caused the high beam default mode.The one thing I will mention is when you do the test "important"make sure the hid is not in the lens.If you have an after market lens ,the bulb could short out on the inner reflecter.This causes the tranformer to trip!Next try to test for voltage on harness plug or put original bulb back in for test. Let us know what happens:cheers:
I took the kit back out today unplugged all the connections and checked all the pins and one of the pins was bent in the big plug,so I fixed that and hooked the kit up to my truck battery and it works now:whoop: All I have to do is wait on my new bucket and lens and I'll be back on the road. Thanks for the help:2thumbs:

go4dave

Hey guys,,
here is the wiring inside my Headlight bucket. What is the coil of black wire?? Does the EHC need it for resistance? I am gonna switch to the ceramic plug,, once my HID shows up. The wiring looks kinda' "janky" with spade and butt connectors. Is this how all of them look?
Also,, does anybody have any suggestions for a better lens? or does the stock one work good with the HID?

:cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers:

Attachments

Last edited:

Little-Boo

Troop Supporter
Hey guys,,
here is the wiring inside my Headlight bucket. What is the coil of black wire?? Does the EHC need it for resistance? I am gonna switch to the ceramic plug,, once my HID shows up. The wiring looks kinda' "janky" with spade and butt connectors. Is this how all of them look?
Also,, does anybody have any suggestions for a better lens? or does the stock one work good with the HID?

:cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers:
The stock lense works good, there are several out there I use the Ajdure Skull. It all depend on what you want and what you are willing to spend on a new lense.

The wire coil, there was a discussion on that a while back and I think it does have something to do with resistance. If its not in the way, just leave it in there. I took mine out when I installed a skull headlight, then I went back to the stock configuration because the skull didn't put out enough light, but I never did put the stock harness back in. It did melt my plug so maybe that coil is supposed to be in there :D Not worried anymore, I shit canned the EHC

RADAMS445

RADICAL
Stock lens works great,and the wire ??Boo is right-I think the discuss went in favor of leaving it because ,because ,ahhhh because---- it was there!Yeh! Thats the ticket.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Night Train discusses that loop of wire in the headlight bucket in one of his serie threads on the electrical system. Something about a heat sink type of thing though.

:cheers:

LDO

The Cleaner
Troop Supporter
I think that after some testing was done (older bikes), that coil was never found to be of any help.

Lots of guys on here running their bikes without it.

sloan2

#1 sinner
got my new bucket and lens

got my new bucket and lens friday. here are some pics of it installed.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]