Idle Mix Screw

Energy One

Unsprung

In the Potters hand...
I’ll see if I can get a set at HD tomorrow and swap them out. Looks like if it doesn’t clear up, I’m riding the busa with momma on the back...nah, I’ll drive first:oops:. Just nothing like riding my dog since I got the first one.

So once it's at 1k then warms up and drops RPM to blinking range it still won't raise the idle if you turn the idle screw a bit?

Those tapered ones I've never had much luck with I prefer the old skool flat style (non-tapered) and just double them up.

These are the ones I get and anytime the exhaust comes off I just replace them so I keep the pack of 10 on the shelf. Haha

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/191181084529
Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
I have used both, never tried doubling them up though. Now you got me thinking...

I have used torque cones too and keep going back and forth of with and without. I had one shop tell me they are no good an another swear by them. Really never noticed a difference

I’ll see if I can get a set at HD tomorrow and swap them out. Looks like if it doesn’t clear up, I’m riding the busa with momma on the back...nah, I’ll drive first:oops:. Just nothing like riding my dog since I got the first one.
What pipes are you running ?

Unsprung

In the Potters hand...
Do they have 02 sensor plugs? Reason I ask it that my old pipes had a crack in them around the plugs or they could be loose. It’s a long shot but worth asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not that I remember but I will inspect them good tomorrow. Hopefully HD has a set of gaskets.

Not that I remember but I will inspect them good tomorrow. Hopefully HD has a set of gaskets.
I just looked at my V&h pipes 2/2 and they don’t have them. Would try what Eric is suggesting and go from there good luck

Unsprung

In the Potters hand...
I just looked at my V&h pipes 2/2 and they don’t have them. Would try what Eric is suggesting and go from there good luck

Will do Paul. 3am comes by quickly so I’m gonna catch some shut eye. Thanks all

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Will do Paul. 3am comes by quickly so I’m gonna catch some shut eye. Thanks all
When you put in the new carb I'm gonna guess you replaced the carb gasket too?

It seems funny to me even if it's an exhaust gasket that your having this much trouble. I would think spinning the idle screw a bit you should still see the change in idle when warm.

Also I've noticed once that tach starts blinking it doesn't stop until I crack the throttle a little then idle just sits back at 1k. I think it's just because that thing really only triggers with >500 RPM differences.

bruce

If you go to S&S website, you can print out details on everything you need to set up carb. take your time and do step by step. if you still have problems call S&S in the past they have been very helpful.

Unsprung

In the Potters hand...
image.jpg
When you put in the new carb I'm gonna guess you replaced the carb gasket too?

It seems funny to me even if it's an exhaust gasket that your having this much trouble. I would think spinning the idle screw a bit you should still see the change in idle when warm.

Also I've noticed once that tach starts blinking it doesn't stop until I crack the throttle a little then idle just sits back at 1k. I think it's just because that thing really only triggers with >500 RPM differences.

Exhaust gaskets look good and I did not try cracking the throttle but will now. I won’t have new gaskets until later today but here’s a pic of the pipes and exhaust ports. White ashy look to it. image.jpg

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 53991
Exhaust gaskets look good and I did not try cracking the throttle but will now. I won’t have new gaskets until later today but here’s a pic of the pipes and exhaust ports. White ashy look to it. View attachment 53990
Exhaust gaskets look good....when I say crack it I don't mean anything north of like 2k RPM or anything. Just a slow twist of the throttle is fine too.

That looks a little lean to me! Haha. But your running a 31/76 so it should be the right stuff! It could just be residue from the old carb that wasn't running right since it was broken and it hasn't ran enough yet to give you an idea of how it's doing.

If you want to be sure once you get it all back together you can reset the carb to the S&S recommended settings and just start from scratch again not like it should take more than a few minutes!

Good luck! I hope you get it this time around! I know you rode it before so should be good enough to get you around Daytona anyways, right? Just Bring a screwdriver with you and let John Sachs play with it! Haha

Unsprung

In the Potters hand...
Exhaust gaskets look good....when I say crack it I don't mean anything north of like 2k RPM or anything. Just a slow twist of the throttle is fine too.

That looks a little lean to me! Haha. But your running a 31/76 so it should be the right stuff! It could just be residue from the old carb that wasn't running right since it was broken and it hasn't ran enough yet to give you an idea of how it's doing.

If you want to be sure once you get it all back together you can reset the carb to the S&S recommended settings and just start from scratch again not like it should take more than a few minutes!

Good luck! I hope you get it this time around! I know you rode it before so should be good enough to get you around Daytona anyways, right? Just Bring a screwdriver with you and let John Sachs play with it! Haha

I should give John a call. I’m going to Deltona and the bike will sit there four days until I get back there on Friday.

Thanks for the advice Eric, I will have new gaskets in tonight and just took off the after market plug wires and installed stock black wires back in. Carb is already set at stock and waiting for gaskets, lol.

john sachs

Hopefully it will fit on Rob's (Road Hog) dyno. He should be able to make it spot on unless there's another problem. He's at the Cabbage Patch.
John

Unsprung

In the Potters hand...
Hallelujah fellas. Followed advice from the forum and Kers instructional video, pun intended, and voila. Running like a CHAMP RIGHT NOW. I will test ride tomorrow and small tweaking but it’s good now. I think I had it way to lean and was misreading the carb guide. See y’all in Daytona and thanks for the help.

heybaylor

Hallelujah fellas. Followed advice from the forum and Kers instructional video, pun intended, and voila. Running like a CHAMP RIGHT NOW. I will test ride tomorrow and small tweaking but it’s good now. I think I had it way to lean and was misreading the carb guide. See y’all in Daytona and thanks for the help.
patience grasshopper, see how it works out ?
glad you got it right

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Boom

Unsprung

In the Potters hand...
Just got back from a test ride. Wow. Snappy, and even smoother, (maybe it’s the shoes). Hard to stop grinning :D to keep bugs out of my teeth. Eric, the Champion plugs may have helped with the vibrations after all. Thanks again to all. Now it’s time to mow the yard. :(