helmet

Energy One

roadie1389

Had a Vega 1/2 loved it. Got a HJC 3/4 hate it, got a Bell Vortex full, like it BUT at 75+ it is noisy and being a FF hard to talk or take a drink.

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
Hey Huw--The C3 chin strap is sewn a bit far back, and there have been some complaints about it bumping the rider's Adam's Apple. Mine does sometimes, but it's not a problem. Ichabod Crane would hate it. That issue was corrected in the C3Pro and the C4, as I understand it.
My head is not so oval that I have to have an Arai or anything, but the helmets for a round head shape (like Bell or Shoei) feel like someone drove a thumbtack into my forehead after a couple of hours.
Another thought is that with a pricey helmet like that, be sure it can be exchanged if it doesn't fit correctly. It is best to find a dealer and try them on, as I thought the Schuberth fit a bit snug (1 or 2 cm) for size.
The Schuberth is quiet, has an internal sunscreen, and you can order different size pads to suit your face shape. The screen changes in a snap too.
If you get the Schuberth, I'll make you a deal on the Bluetooth interactive speaker system all he BMW riders use. I removed it because I can't even begin to hear it, even turned up because of my hearing loss.

I’m definitely liking a Schuberth C3 modular....Maybe a XMAS gift to myself.

Thanks for the info Rick

Huw

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I have to wear a helmet now, I only got one eye left, so I need to protect it. I never cared for helmets before the accident but I have to wonder if I was wearing a full face if I would still have vision in my right eye. Now it's entirely possible it had nothing to do with it but I did have every orbital bone broken from my sunglasses getting pushed into my face.

I like the retro style full faces because the bottom is smaller and you can still talk and people can hear you. Bell Bullet or Torc T1. I have a Torc T1 helmet because it's about $200 vs the Bell $400 and also I wanted a plain matte black helmet and Bell stopped making that color unless you buy it in carbon fiber at the tune of $600!

I do like the full face because it keeps you less beat up on long rides from the sun/wind. And Warmer!

I didn't want to get a moduler style because I know me too well, I'll end up riding with it up too much.

https://www.torchelmets.com/model-helmet.php?id_model=19

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

mjsk9

what helmets do you have 1/2, 3/4, full
Got my helmet from these guys and they do claim to be the "smallest and lightest DOT helmet". I love mine.... does not lift from the wind and the quick release is very nice....
We hope you've enjoyed your Smallest lightest DOT Beanie Helmet - Gloss Black / No Peak - M ! It's been awhile since we've seen you last and a lot has changed! We've added some new helmet styles and some other very cool items like photocromatic glasses, and other riding accessories.

We'd love you to come back and check them out! Let's go to www.bikerhelmets.com