Hand Control Malfunction

I have a 2008 BDM and while riding yesterday my right hand controls went loose. The entire unit can turn on the handle bars and come in and out. The push button controls also no longer work now. Break and throttle still work.

Attachments

Coolbreezin

Since the control is still attached to your scooter, the screw in the back of the control should still be there. Tighten it.
The buttons stopped working because Sheldon Coleman (founder of BDM) is a jackass and just wanted money. Hence, the 18 gauge wire throughout the bike. Others have switched over to HD controls. I went a different route when my controls went :flush: .

TreeGuru

There is a set screw on bottom side that holds your right hand handlebar control at your desired position against the handlebars. Maybe it's loose or come out. After you position the handlebar control you might want to loosen the Housing Switch Cover to inspect the PCB Control and see if it has become unplugged.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Since the control is still attached to your scooter, the screw in the back of the control should still be there. Tighten it.
The buttons stopped working because Sheldon Coleman (founder of BDM) is a jackass and just wanted money. Hence, the 18 gauge wire throughout the bike. Others have switched over to HD controls. I went a different route when my controls went :flush: .
Not the reason at all actually. The engineers decided that since they were using a low voltage microcontroller (the computer chip) that is easier and could be safer (to the electronics) by using ground to activate a switch rather than having to add a voltage regulator and pull 5V or 3.3V thru the system and run the very real risk of someone going hey that positive voltage -- lets just connect that to the battery!
Or you have to return to 12v being sent to the microcontroller and having to add a step-down/voltage dividier to each input that is attached to a switch, you also at that point have more noise on the switch (on a bike) that adds extra work as well.
It's the general conversion to microcontroller operated switches, most of which do not see any benefit to being run thru the controller.