Chopper mileage

Energy One

tcrowelljr

I get about 40 mpg on my 04 117 Chopper. Its at least 115 hp, 130 tq before I put flat top pistons, shaved heads and jugs and upgraded the valve springs. My 09 Street Glide gets about 30 mpg (93 hp/101 tq)

Mikeinjersey

See now I feel dumb. I’ve been filing the right tank, but because I haven’t been able to remove the left tank gas cap. I figured since I wasn’t able to remove the left cap, that is was more of a decoration thing and just able to fill from right side. ‍♂
Gas Cap Info

mleach72

I’m thinking yes.
Yeah, it's well known problem with the original gas caps. The ethanol in the gas swells the plastic in the caps and they get tight. If you can get the cap and paint saver separated, you put the paint saver back in and order a new cap from bigdogpartskingpin. The same thing happened to me, but I got a custom set of caps. I've heard the new caps are less susceptible to swelling. When you put the paint saver back in, use JB weld. I've heard that's what BDM used at the factory. If you can't get the cap and paint saver separated, Eric at HDM has those as well.

joshchevy

Yeah, it's well known problem with the original gas caps. The ethanol in the gas swells the plastic in the caps and they get tight. If you can get the cap and paint saver separated, you put the paint saver back in and order a new cap from bigdogpartskingpin. The same thing happened to me, but I got a custom set of caps. I've heard the new caps are less susceptible to swelling. When you put the paint saver back in, use JB weld. I've heard that's what BDM used at the factory. If you can't get the cap and paint saver separated, Eric at HDM has those as well.
Thank you. About to see what I can do with it.