Braille Melt Down !

Energy One

Chopper Dave

SIICK!!!
Well, after talking to reps with Braille they claim that because I did not use the brass spacers the wires were actually touching the plastic case of the battery which resulted in the lead melting.:bang:

I did notice a little wear on the insulation on those wires but did not think much of it. I did not use the spacers because the bolt was short and I wanted to get enough thread into the terminal.

Tech guy could not answer why the bolts back out so easily. :rant:

So they are offering a replacement battery at half price, $84 plus shipping.

Curt

p.s. Make sure you Braille owners use the brass spacers.:loony:

I have been using the brass spacers...I have the pos and neg for the starter on the side terminals and my wires for my fuses for my WP and battery tender pigtail and grounds on the top terminals
when I got my Braille, I went out and bought some stainless bolts to use on the battery

CurtK

Good idea DAve

Thanks Dave, that is a good idea to separate the wires.:rolleyes: I should have known that:bang:

Man your compartment looks all organized and shit. Gonna have to get some lessons from NukeRanger. That man's bike is spotless and organized.

Curt

Huw did notice also that the 2 bolts that hold the plastic batt tray to rear fender were missing. I did not remove them nor made an effort to replace them. That will get fixed too.

Humpf, sorry to be airing out my dirty laundry here.

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
:roll::roll::roll:That is funny. I must admit that i keep my bikes clean. I almost offered to come pick up Curt's bike and take it home for a good cleaning before a new battery arrived.:D

Having said that, I am not the clean freak in my family. My wife's 2009 Corvette is spotless. She hates for it to even be rained on. As an example, she makes me keep the engine hood closed so dust doesn't get on the engine and the doors have to also be kept closed so the "New Car Smell" doesn't get out. One time she came running out the house all hysterical because she cleaned the inside of the windows with windex which affected her new car smell!:rolleyes::roll::roll::roll:

EZ Dog

I am old enough to remember all the bikes having kick start. Now those were the good old days.

Five Five

I am old enough to remember all the bikes having kick start. Now those were the good old days.
Yeah me too .... there was a real style to it too ... on my old panhead i would rest my left knee on the seat ...left hand grasping the sissybar... right hand on the throttle....give it a little squirt a fuel. retard the distributor about 10° ....slowly kick it through and bring it up to the front cylinder on the compression stroke .... flip the power switch ....swing my body up in a full arc...and follow through with the kick ...loved that shit and I would always get it started within the 2nd attempt.

ksmike

I just put in a TOMIOKA Racing battery in my bike and all I have to say is WOW!! It starts so easy now it's unbelievable. Makes me realize how bad the Bike Master battery was. The new battery actually has enough voltage when cranking over to operate the compression releases. Now if it will just last a year or so I will be happy.:2thumbs:

soonertodd

BANNED
thanks, looks like i will give it a try. i found them for 155 + shipping. i upgraded my battery cables to 2/0 gauge,they are about 3 times the diameter of the factory ones.it made a difference in cranking