Belt Drives

Energy One

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, but as I mentioned earlier...the problem wasn't the quality or issue with function. It was I didn't want to get a second mortgage to buy one. Baker is way to proud of their drives for my wallet. I can't justify the cost for basically an appearance piece since I currently have nothing wrong with my enclosed primary.
Couldn't agree more...$3k is a lot for a hunk of a aluminum and 2 pulleys and 1 tiny belt

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

BWG56

Guru
Thank you, but as I mentioned earlier...the problem wasn't the quality or issue with function. It was I didn't want to get a second mortgage to buy one. Baker is way to proud of their drives for my wallet. I can't justify the cost for basically an appearance piece since I currently have nothing wrong with my enclosed primary.
Excuses excuses, just fill your pockets one day:rolleyes: Too soon

Spikes05

Thank you, but as I mentioned earlier...the problem wasn't the quality or issue with function. It was I didn't want to get a second mortgage to buy one. Baker is way too proud of their drives for my wallet. I can't justify the cost for basically an appearance piece since I currently have nothing wrong with my enclosed primary.
You started this thread talking about the karata open primary and your bitching about the price of the Baker? The karata has a nicer back plate but it has inferior pulleys and an inferior belt. The Bakers pulleys are stainless steel and the belt had 14mm teeth the same size that your final drive has and everything you need comes with it including a new clutch pack which is the Baker King Kong clutch. So for about the same price as the karata or maybe even less if you opt for the outside bearing support your getting better technology. So if you can't afford a karata what did you even bring it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR03CHOPPER

You started this thread talking about the karata open primary and your bitching about the price of the Baker? The karata has a nicer back plate but it has inferior pulleys and an inferior belt. The Bakers pulleys are stainless steel and the belt had 14mm teeth the same size that your final drive has and everything you need comes with it including a new clutch pack which is the Baker King Kong clutch. So for about the same price as the karata or maybe even less if you opt for the outside bearing support your getting better technology. So if you can't afford a karata what did you even bring it up.

I found a Karata for $599. That is why. YES..$2500 for a appearance piece on the K9 is too much for me. Sorry for the confusion.

As I said...Fuck IT! I'll put a BDL on my '03 Chopper.

Spikes05

I found a Karata for $599. That is why. YES..$2500 for a appearance piece on the K9 is too much for me. Sorry for the confusion.

As I said...Fuck IT! I'll put a BDL on my '03 Chopper.
On the 03 you can use almost any open primary just make sure you get one with the outside bearing support. I didn't mean any offense sorry if I did.

Not at all! All good.
Jr imo I think I would have just stayed with the wet primary. I love the karata way better clutch than stock and the cool whining sound but,
One it adds a considerable amount of weight to the left side and the damn thing likes to eat pants and boots! You can always buy a cover plate but I think that takes away from the look. Also my 4" sometimes will drag on a hard left turns

FrankBDPS

That sounds like exactly what I need. Something to tear the left leg of my jeans so it matches the burn holes in the right leg from not installing the heat shields. $2,500 bucks and it ain't chromed? That doesn't seem right. I'll keep changing oil a few more times.