A Reputable Motorcycle Painter Local To NE Florida?

JR03CHOPPER

Chris Cruise in Deland. He is STUPID EXPENSIVE!! Yet in the area, he is most likely the best. Repaired my rear fender on my 2003 for $950. It was a repair...not a repaint! Wanted $2800 to re-clear the whole bike.

PROFLYER

SWOLE
Search the forum, two or three of the former BD painters are on here and do custom work. You'd have to send them your tins, but that's not really a big deal. You want it done right I would assume. If you're looking for cheap, I'd just find someone locally who can prep and paint them. Any good body shop should know a local pinstripe guy who can likely work some magic. Another thought is maybe you can search Daytona Bike Week and painters, lots of talent travels the country doing custom stuff at events. There were a few guys in Sturgis last weekend.

FWIW I just had my wife's Mastiff redone. Tore it all down, took the tins to my buddy who owns a body shop and he repainted them a 3 stage pearl for $500. If the wife wants pinstripes or whatever later we can do that, but it was just a single color bike anyway.

Last edited:

1 B.M.F.

Chris Cruise in Deland. He is STUPID EXPENSIVE!! Yet in the area, he is most likely the best. Repaired my rear fender on my 2003 for $950. It was a repair...not a repaint! Wanted $2800 to re-clear the whole bike.
Yes that is stupid expensive. I just painted my wife’s Jeep with some pretty expensive paint and a gallon of WET WET Clear and I have less than 400. In the whole paint job. Labor is crazy high at his shop. I dont know people stay in business.

john sachs

There's a great paint and body man in Loxahatchee (W. Palm Bch. area). Dao DeAngelo . Phone #'s I have are: 561 204-4612, and 954 600-9916. I haven't talked to him since I moved up here from So. Florida 4 years ago.
Another 1 you can try is Chad Chambers in Daytona Bch.( He's located on Beach St.).
John

Jwooky

There's a great paint and body man in Loxahatchee (W. Palm Bch. area). Dao DeAngelo . Phone #'s I have are: 561 204-4612, and 954 600-9916. I haven't talked to him since I moved up here from So. Florida 4 years ago.
Another 1 you can try is Chad Chambers in Daytona Bch.( He's located on Beach St.).
John
Hey @john sachs any idea who paints Big Tony’s choppers?

We visited his shop when we were down last year for Bikeroberfest. Some really nice pieces with amazing paint.

john sachs

Thanks for that, although, Chad went out of business, I actually went to his shop recently as he did some work for me years ago, his shop was empty and his phone number is disconnected, being a small business in Daytona Beach, it was bound to happen...
I noticed that Saturday night. I have a good friend that had some work done by him recently, on a barter deal. I'll try to find out more.
John

Jwooky

I know Tony, he said he does everything himself when he makes a chopper.
Before I bought my Big Dog I went to see Tony, he offered to make me a custom made chopper from scratch, to my exact specifications but the cost to do so was phenomenal, twice the price of a brand new 2020 Big Dog chopper, I like my 2004 BD chopper better...
He told me, he has a painter, but would not tell me who.

fomanh

The tank looks good but I don't need anything that elaborate, do you know how long his turn around is for most jobs and what his prices are like?
His shop is not that large, and the times I’ve been there he usually has a few projects going at the same time. I don’t know his prices either, I never asked Doug how much - didn’t seem cool.