5w20 Royal Purple in 107 ci?

Energy One

Blade

My friend just put 5w20 Royal Purple synthetic in his 2003 Big Dog Chopper. He tells me that someone told him that the thinner oil would be just fine. Can I get a few more opinons from you guy's so I can tell him before he messes up his bike? :confused:

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
too light for hot weather slow traffic. great if you live in alaska.

better tell him to go back to 20/50

Mad Dog

ValueTeck Enterprises
Always use the manufacturers recomended oil viscosity. If he is having problems he needs to identify the cause. 5W20 is too light.:eek:

Jersey James

Jersey James
Just go to Wal Mart (motorcycle section) & purchase Mobil One~V-Twin~Full Synthetic~20W-50 It is recomended by S&S. $8.99 a quart

BadBrad

2005 Pitbull
His friend that told him that probably works at the Harley dealership and needs to increase sales this month or get fired! :job: Hell, go ahead and tell him to run it in there for a while and give us some feedback on it! :cheers::whoop::cheers:

scubaman15

Royal Purple uses Molybdenum Disulfide (Moly and I'm not a fan of this "" remember slick 50"? I won't get into the oil wars as this has been discussed before but hears.. a good link ..Fluids!! - BIG DOG Motorcycle Forums
http://www.bigdogbiker.com/forums/fluids/12796-v-twin-20w50-auto-20w50.html
When it comes to oil everyone has favorites just do a bit of searching ..its amazing how a bit slick advertising can cloud a otherwise smart decision. Me I would never put anything with Moly in a air cooled motor .

stlmikie

I wish I had more money.
Me I would never put anything with Moly in a air cooled motor .