Woods cam

Energy One

Vegas

If you are taking the material off the bottom of the jug you must make sure that you don't have a ring ridge. If you do in fact have a ring ridge and you don't relieve the cylinder it can mean big ring trouble. It's doubtful since most of us have low mileage but definitely something to watch out for. If you remove the material from the bottom the piston rings are going to travel farther up the cylinder wall than before by the amount you removed from the bottom side.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
If you are taking the material off the bottom of the jug you must make sure that you don't have a ring ridge. If you do in fact have a ring ridge and you don't relieve the cylinder it can mean big ring trouble. It's doubtful since most of us have low mileage but definitely something to watch out for. If you remove the material from the bottom the piston rings are going to travel farther up the cylinder wall than before by the amount you removed from the bottom side.
:hi: good thought vegas!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

reloaderbmg

OLD DOG
ok - Bob Wood replied to my email and I have to give him a call - I'll let you know what he says - for your info I have a stock engine (except for a "mild" cam - don't know which one though) but am running the Triple X G, S&S Single Bore dual intake, and StreetWalker RPJeez 2 into 1 exhaust.
lee could you send me bob woods e-mail address.
i need to get a catalog

pauly

i'd like to know how it performed as well Franco...
X2

It is so disappointing if not frustrating when people don't continue
with the thread till the end!!!
There are a few threads like this that I have come across.

I hope that I do not offend any one. It is not my intension.

Paul.

john sachs

Does anyone know which cam makes better low to mid-range torque - the S&S 585 or the Woods W6H(not F) 590 lift cam?
By way of the earlier intake closing of the Woods 6H, that cam will make more low end torque compared to the S&S .585. It will also hammer your valve train, and most likely be noisy. :bang: Cranking compression will also be a lot higher.
John

okred696

Thanks John, You confirmed my thoughts on the woods cams, Nobody has asked about valvetrain life or hit on what you stated in one short sentence.I ran that cam in one engine we built,ran good sounded like valves and seats not happy with each other. Hi lift and short duration cams are designed with no consideration of lifter and valvetrain life or noise. Just my opinion.