Won't start after slam button install

Just installed a spyke slam button and won't start. Lights all work but bike only turns over when slam is pushed. Does nothing when pushing run button twice and hit start on handlebars. :bang:

jaggerz

Make sure the small green wire going to the starter solenoid is firmly attached. Check all connections at the starter. Good Luck

BBChopper

Supports 2 Disabled Vets
Troop Supporter
Turn key on, hit run button then the slam at the same time as the start button. Green wire it the trigger not needed with a slam button.

Tried that even with green wire connected but no luck. Battery shows 12.8 volts but only little over 9 volts with positive at green wire and black grounded.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Did you clean the contacts while you were in there, and put everything back in? I know, dumb question, but even I miss stuff now and then.

Are you getting 9 volts at the solenoid wire when the start button is depressed? Or all of the time?
That 9 volts is always sitting there. If you're not gettting 12 volts or so when start button is depressed, it could be numerous things, but if you are, you need to adjust your Spyke slam button. It's fully adjustable, and should have come with instructions. If it's adjusted too far out from the solenoid plunger, it won't pull in.
C.A.Jones V-Twin | Custom Builds, Parts & Service

Pu239

I put a Spyke slammer on a week or so ago. Good thing because when I took end off solenoid, guess what? - the little itty bitty solenoid trigger wires on BD solenoids/starters suck. My outside connector to the solenoid (plastic part/green wire) was broken and took the itty bitty wires with it!
Good recommendations on cleaning everything well - I even emery-clothed the contact 'washer' & inside contacts. Good Luck, Louie

Thought I'd give an update for anyone else with same problem. Coincidently the right side pcb board went out the same time I installed the slam button. Luckily I had one spare on hand. Anyone have another for sale I would like to have another spare on hand!